Skip to main content

Fogged

So, I did explore and come out of my cosy skin a bit more, and found something important about the town I live in. 

Essentially, it is easier to find a divorce lawyer than to find a therapist around here. 

I have also been suggested that thinking positive things would keep the negative thoughts away (the apple - doctor relationship?). 

My husband says that I must try to forget and move ahead (that was duly nominated for joke of the day). He thinks that I can stop torturing myself only if I stopped thinking about it. 

Also, there has been a major fight couple of days back, and I was very hurt when he told me that I pretended to be supportive, but I was not. A few days prior to this fight, I had "indicated" with examples of how he was not listening to me, and did not bother with simple requests and small things I asked from him. Our recent fight did not have my one-up status as the root, but the fact that he assumed me to react a particular way that I refused to react. 

My sarcasm is not helping me or our conversations. I just go into Mode-Witch when I am talking to him and referring to Molly. 

Given that IRL connections are not helping my mental make-up, I did find a great resource on the internet - Ch.um.p Lady, it is called. It is forum full of spouses who have separated/divorced their cheating spouses, and led by a woman who has survived infidelity herself. The other is a blog called ma.rriage.reco.very.blo.g which is an extremely well written account of a woman trying to heal after facing marital infidelity, but has not walked out on her marriage. 

Comments

  1. How frustrating! I suppose that you've discussed what he wants (and I assume that is a complete return to how things were before the Molly incident only with you anticipating his needs better?), but have you discussed what you want? And how conflicted you are? I wish you much luck in navigating these treacherous waters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man. I'm glad that you have been looking around for resources and have found some good online forums. Oh, and he needs YOU to be more "supportive"?? That's a laugh... (Sorry, I'm partisan here!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out Harville Hendrix and John Gottman for a very interesting take on couples and relationships. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't have more to add, I also find it laughable that he needs you.to be more supportive..what about you, your needs, your feelings, your pain and grief over the situation? It.is not something that can be brushed under.a rug and tidied away like that (hugs) my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you have found some resources, even if they are on the internet. Hope you do find support somewhere, somehow soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.