- One's parents' friends are exactly that - parents' friends.
- It is possible to deeply love and yet despise someone.
- As a person, I can't handle company 24x7. I need some alone time.
- No pain compares to watching something happen to your own child.
- Some people enter your life for a brief while. They are very important in that phase.
- Till there is life, there is hope. Till.
- What's coming up next is sometimes completely un-guessable.
- I punished certain people by shutting them out of my life not because they were any worse than some others, but because they were too soft as targets and it was entirely possible to torture them. I heaped my reaction too heavily on them.
- I found myself capable of being very sad and yet being able to mingle and dissolve in a social gathering.
- I found myself capable of being very sad and yet being able to mingle and dissolve in a social gathering.
I totally get no. 3.
ReplyDeleteIt breaks my heart to know that you know how no.2 and 4 feel like.
Hope 2012 is the best year you knew so far.
I completely agree with kmina. Here's to the wonderful things that lie ahead.
ReplyDeleteYou my friend have learned so much this past year and have grown so much this year.....It will takes years to fully come to grips with this "new life" you will lead but someday your wisdom/hurt/suffering/understanding(if you get there) will greatly affect someone else when they need it most!!!
ReplyDeleteI read this post and see a woman who has gone through so much but is still willing to look deeply at herself and see all that is there. No one is perfect and terrible hurts can bring out the worst in us. But recognizing this and allowing yourself to move forward is a part of the growth that sees you where you are today. Whatever comes your way this year, know that you are strong enough and good enough to handle it.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year.
I hope 2012 has better lessons in store for you...
ReplyDeleteI hope that 2012 brings you only happiness.
ReplyDeleteAll wonderful lessons. Wishing you a blissful 2012!
ReplyDeleteI too need alone time, it's probably why I would have never married unless I met my husband and found someone I can be alone together.
ReplyDeleteMay 2012 be kind to you.
You forgot how brave, resilient and strong you are. You survived the worst and now have a new year of hope and love ahead. I hope it's nothing but wonderful. :)
ReplyDelete