Skip to main content

Beautiful Mornings are Made of This….

Time: Today Morning, when we were pseudo-ready to jump out of bed.


Situation: A financial review of 2008 (not exactly a dream year in a lot of respects)


DH: Mmm… and the price of that land is down x percent, and the real estate rates on that house have slipped y percent….and z month’s salary has been invested into the share market, so I can’t make a deposit out of it and can’t touch it for p years….

BTW, would you be doing IVF w/ICSI again this year?

Me: (Mentally- Damn right, I will). Of Course. But we are not to do anything till March, you know!

DH: Last time it cost us $$$$$, and still there is no guarantee that it will work out this time.

Me: (Mentally – Yeah, but what if it does?) There is no guarantee, but I am doing it.

Momentary Silence…

DH: There will be no savings this year.

The last statement is too severe. But I did not want to cut in and spoil DH’s sense of financial calculation superiority complex.

Frankly, I know that IF treatments are pinching us financially, but I am not worried because there are still a lot of work-years left for both of us, and money is a totally recoverable and secondary entity for me at this point of time.


^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. Amen to the "more than enough" mindset, regarding money of course. It's what allows me to sit here writing a book that WILL sell someday without stressing (too much) about next month's mortgage payment.

    Good for you! Want a little mental backup? Go to this blog - right now!!

    http://noswimmers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. "recoverable and secondary entity"

    Yes! Exactly! I wish more people had your attitude -- it wouldn't change the bottom line, but it would make them feel much less guilty about the huge IF expenditures.

    I think if I tried to do financial calculations in bed, DH would run out of the room screaming. And vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what really bothered me in his reasoning, and you'll have to forgive me to be so blunt, is that he asked "would you be doing IVF/ICSI?" He used you, as this is only your thing, not something that he is really involved with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, the financial burden is a real pain in the ass, but you have to try until you just can't try anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dh and I did our finances too. I hate how $ determines so much. I'm glad you're going ahead with your dream and not letting it get in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate arguing finances. Ungh.

    But you are correct, I believe. Money is completely recoverable. You have the rest of your life to accumulate it. But the here and now, is well... here and now.

    Follow your dream.
    Best wishes hun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That conversation sounds soooooo familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am using lupron depots, they are administered intramuscularly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You hit the nail on the head when you said "Money is recoverable" ... it's so true. AND not to mention, this is the best investment you could make ... better than an real estate investment I've made (though I haven't succeeded at it yet on the baby front) my houses are about to turn up-side-down ... so it's not like real investments are 100% good ideas!

    I hate having conversations with DH about $$ and fertility - keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.