Skip to main content

Hanging my Fat Big Boots!

 I have been meaning to visit the blog for a while. But I think the push was never strong enough for me to actually just do it. 

As of today, I think this blog is taking a break. There were no posts in the recent past, so what changes, right? That is correct. But I have never wanted to abandon a blog without telling that I was going to abandon it. I found it irksome when some of my favourites just stopped posting one day, and then never returned. And I don't want to do the same.

So as of today, I think I can safely say that I no longer feel the urge to blurb here.

Before I leave, I will like to post two updates - 

Figlia is ten and a half now! And M is 7. 

TMI coming up: I said goodbye to my uterus in May 2022. My cycles had gone down to 28/27 days from the previous 33 days. My period ranged from 7 to 9 days. And then, in April when my periods, they never left. In that period, I had atleast three nights where I woke up having suddenly bled too heavily and onto my clothes, and bedsheet. It was awful.

 When May began, I had a sonography that  confirmed adenomyosis, and that my hemoglobin had dipped by over 2 points from the January reading. 

Having treating this period thing on a conservative line for years, the doc suggested the procedure which I was pretty much open to accept. 

I had a good recovery, though my discomfort was due to the bleeding that happens for close to 5 weeks post surgery, but I am better already. 


That's it, folks.

Comments

  1. Just popping by to say Adieu. I said goodbye to my own uterus around the same time. Very happy to do so too! Freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your break (or goodbye and good luck if it's permanent). Hurray for a good recovery and no more uterus. I can't believe the children are so old already! Mine is driving - unreal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Gone Away

...for a little more time than 60 seconds. Be good everybody! ^WiseGuy^ Image Courtesy: http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/funny-pictures-cat-is-wasting-away-and-needs-cheeseburger.jpg