I had a major anxiety attack yesterday, and it took me a lot of time to just settle down. It happened so that last week, I paid out my share of what I had promised for the land we are purchasing in the hometown. The money went poof from my salary account. And what used to read something like 7,00,000 X read in the figures of 84,000 X. I have never seen such serious dwindling in my liquid reserves.
Suddenly, the money that was always there is just not there. I can't splurge. I cringe everytime I pay for anything these days. Then, Gracy asked for some advance on Saturday.
On Monday they floated a form in the office, and I realized that Feb salary would get delayed because of the tax filing that every single person has to do. Oh God!
That feeling of spending money that you don't have, is so heavy these days.
I have money in a lot of places...some into fixed deposits, some invested into the share market. It is just that I don't have the honey jar now. I would need to get a job to have the fresh water flowing in.
And I don't have a job, or even an interview scheduled as of now after I am relieved from this place. I have two salaries coming in. One will be of Jan, payable in Feb, and in March (of February), that should be my float till I find something.
Job and School Admissions! Job and School Admissions!
Ooh - it sucks to spend your reserve fund! But take a deep breath and relax - you'll get it built back up soon. And I hope you have a fast and fruitful job search.
ReplyDelete