We did go eventually, and I have already re-joined work. I was thinking the other day that life would be simple if I just sat at home, and they sent my salary home every month. But nopes, that is not how life is, is it?
I worked the premise that taking one child with us for the vacation, was better than managing two, and boy, I forgot that I was leaving the reasonable one behind. M had epic tantrums through our vacation, and he sustained that behaviour even in the tailing visit.
See, I look quite alright but inside I am pot of boiling and bubbling insecurity and frustration. Gee, I can even shout when I am squabbling with my Mister. I have gone from being happy go lucky teenager to a really wound up adult, pretty angry with everyone around me. And though, there are a few good days when I am good, I am not good most days.
But I did not freak out when I realized that Figlia had li.ce in her hair. Yep! Combing and medicated shampoo, here we come! I do look at my younger one, and think if I am doing it all wrong. He has been very aggressive recently, and hits/bites. He resists eating, and as I have said before has not picked up colouring/writing at all.
Figlia was into arts/colours/painting, but M is just not interested. Automobiles are his love. What I did figure out was that he does puzzles very well, or atleast is interested in them (the puzzle must be a car/plane/back-hoe). I would not be very distressed, but he is not doing far behind most of his classmates in the writing department.
I just don't want to end up a cup of slop everywhere.
We are finding 4 to be REALLY difficult with our son. He is very angry and aggressive. His first impulse is to hit/punch/kick. He goes from calm to meltdown in .2 seconds... about everything. He only likes 4-5 foods and energy have to ask him to take every bite of even those things. He doesn’t want to sit down to eat, or do anything (except watch TV / play on a pad). He is obsessed with new toys and wants them constantly. He is exhausting and I do wonder if he will ever mellow out.
ReplyDeleteI remember hearing that 3 / 4yo was harder for boys than girls, that maybe they start producing testosterone around this age (not sure if that is true). Three boys in my daughter’s preschool “left” (we’re asked to leave or bullied into leaving) at that age because they were not interested in sitting down, drawing or cutting, circle time, etc. They are all doing very well now, so I choose to look at it as a failure of our society’s expectations to meet the reality of small boys. Unfortunately that continues through the schooling of boys, at least in our culture.
Just here to say you’re not alone, and I wouldn’t worry too much about long term implications. (Easier said than done I know.)
I agree. I also think that boys and girls grow up in different stages. My daughter too is feisty, but she got more reasonable after the age of 3. M's stubborn streak continues.
DeleteAlso, he is younger than Figlia, and treated so. Wishing you lots of patience!
Vacations are supposed to be relaxing, aren't they? :(
ReplyDeleteI wish you plenty of patience!
Thank you!
Delete