It seems a tiny nugget of time has passed since I blogged last. It began with a lack of desire to actually write anything, and then a tiny whirlwind of activity which caught me recently. Lot of things to really update around here...
My resistance did not work, and I did turn 4.0 in December. I spent it at a conference. That day, someone told me "live the life you have", and nothing could have been anymore appropriate that day, than those words, at that moment. No one there knew it was my birthday, and the messages I got was more calls/messages/social media kind. I did not want any effusive face to face wishes really.
The December end trip went like a hoot. I loved the getaway, and did not want the vacay to end. I had a very pleasant experience watching and doing things on my own, and at my own pace.
I came back to a lot of things awaiting for me. I faced a panel interview for a promotion, which I got. Since the last 3-4 days, I have been quietly muttering Ass.ociat.e Pro.fessor to myself, because that is what I am now.
Tomorrow Figlia will turn six years old. On 14th, Lola would be seven. I have been feeling Lola acutely recently. I have no idea why the grief over her has suddenly become so fresh, but it is renewed these days.
I did something last night that I had promised myself that I won't do. I knew I could hurt Figl.ia with my words, and I did it again last night.
Happy Birthday! Congratulations on your promotion!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Figlia!
Happy Birthday, Lola - know that you are never forgotten.
(I'm just going to skip over that last thing - we all get frustrated and lash out sometimes.)
Congrats on the promotion! I turn 40 in March and I don't really want a big hubbub about it myself. And as for Lola, I always remember her around my daughter's birthday, because we were due at the same time.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday you young thing, you! Congratulations on the promotion, too!
ReplyDeleteSending love to you. Happy Birthday to both Figlia and to Lola. đź’ś