Skip to main content

Who's 3?

M turned 3 years old quietly on the weekend that has just gone by. We were thinking of having a small party of 10 kids or so, but right before I began inviting, FIL landed back in the hospital. FIL was back home on Saturday evening, but it meant that there was no energy or mood left for hosting a kiddie party. I might think of doing it this weekend, but it is highly unlikely. 

M has the first cough of this season. I really dread the winters here, because a) I don't like feeling cold all the time, b) Kids fall sick frequently. Figlia is much better, because she is bit grown up now, and doesn't fuss much over taking medicines. M still needs one person to pin him down and the other to give the medicine. 

I am expecting my periods this week. Nothing noteworthy about it, but over the last few cycles, I have realized that a couple of days before they arrive, I have a case of the blues and my sugar craving spikes. I had the same bout on Saturday. 

My house feels full and the sense of quiet is pretty much gone. We have let go of the nurse who briefly took care of FIL, and we now have two male nurses coming in. Each of our bedrooms is now occupied, and it just feels full all the time.  

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to M! I can't believe he's 3 already!

    Life gets very stressful if your home doesn't feel like sanctuary from the rest of the world.

    I hate the cold! But I find that thick socks, fuzzy slippers, fleecy sweatshirts, and warm throws help. And this year, I even bought some USB handwarmers for when I'm on the computer and my hands start to freeze.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.