M has been ruling our whineland lately. Figlia has just about fallen out of it. Or atleast she can be quickly distracted with food/play/juice/different-topic. Of course, she is 5 1/2 and M is 2 1/2, so that age band is way different too.
M is a master at ignoring our questions, or supplications and can continue to harp on whatever is his demand - this leads to frequent tantrums.
Yesterday night, he threw a fit over something, and then today morning again, he was in the mood for a spoil.
By the time, we left home, Mr. Crankasaurus had already cried three times, and one of the reasons was that he was not ready to be fully clothed for school.
His tantrum reminded me of the time when constant whine abounded with Figlia. That time when I handled Figlia, I was alone. I did not have DH around, and Figlia gave me a hard time almost the entire year that she did Nursery.
Today M was majorly handled by DH. I was there, but did not intervene. I was only the hug dispenser. And though it sounds twisted, I must admit that I am glad DH faced the fury. He needed that taste to understand where my frustration from that time comes from (or atleast a part of it).
I love it when my husband, who brags about how well he and our daughter get along, gets the brunt of my daughter's attitude. He smugly assures me that she and I won't be such good buddies when she's a teenager and how she'll be fine with him. Then I laugh and laugh because he's got it backwards - she and I will be fine. He won't be able to settle their disputes with a wrestling match any more.
ReplyDelete