Oy, in this week, and the turn of the last week, several things have happened.
Figlia, went to our neighbourhood park, with her pal alone - as in without me or Gracy accompanying her! When she was hankering me for it, I asked her to tell me phone numbers, and address and her parents' names, and she recited every detail. We live in a gated community, so it is moderately safe. Lot of children play outside, but Figlia hasn't ever even asked to go out alone like this.
Figlia, also went to our nearby grocer (the shop is also within the gated premises) alone. She carried the list of items on a slip of paper, and got stuff home. (I settle bills at the end of the month, so no money has to be paid immediately)
M started Nursery this week.
I think I have at some point of time mentioned the elderly couple that lives in the flat adjacent to us. Their grandson, who is special needs, is visiting currently and is, I think 12-13 years old. The boy has problem with verbal and non-verbal communication, repeats questions, and does not often acknowledge that his query has been answered. He also is habituated to opening the front door of any house, and walking in without ringing the bell. Sometimes, he comes into our house too.
Sunday evening, he came in, and was going room to room, and when I stood at the door of one of the rooms, he looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back. He walked up to me, and wrapped a hand around my shoulders. He has never been physical before. I asked him if he wanted to hug, and rather than answering, he just pulled me and gave me a sloppy, wet kiss on my cheek. I was not prepared. He then let me go, and walked towards our bedroom, that I tend to keep latched. He was attempting to unlatch, and I asked him to not do it. Twenty seconds later, I received my second sloppy, wet kiss.
Sunday evening, he came in, and was going room to room, and when I stood at the door of one of the rooms, he looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back. He walked up to me, and wrapped a hand around my shoulders. He has never been physical before. I asked him if he wanted to hug, and rather than answering, he just pulled me and gave me a sloppy, wet kiss on my cheek. I was not prepared. He then let me go, and walked towards our bedroom, that I tend to keep latched. He was attempting to unlatch, and I asked him to not do it. Twenty seconds later, I received my second sloppy, wet kiss.
I came out into the living room, and told DH what just happened. D's mom called out for him, and he went out of the door.
I told this to Gracy the other day, and she said that he has already tried hugging Gracy once recently. He did not kiss Gracy though.
I wonder if I should let D's mother know.
~~~Unpleasant TMI ahead~~~
~~~Unpleasant TMI ahead~~~
I have started a short list of medicines, including iron, B-Complex and Vitamin C to combat the anemia. The latest CBC indicates that my Hb was at 8.6.
Despite having finished a month long course of anti-biotics, I felt a familiar itch down below (yuck), and I was worried if the infection had re-appeared. I also have been experiencing mouth ulcers for about three weeks, and I was worried, if I just thought about it, and 'developed' the ailment. My itching cleared up on its own, but the mouth ulcers were tiny cactii, flaring up not just with spicy food, but if I talked too much.
In the light of this delightful phenomenon, I was asked to take a particular test (I hated taking the sample, was too embarrassed to hand over the sample jar to the lab) that showed that there was fresh and occ.ult blood in the sample.
Sigh.
It could possibly be the reason for anemia. It also means that I now need to meet a gastro-enterologist. I have been put on a medication (one tab taken once a week) and get re-tested after I am done with two doses of it.
oh wow!! lots of progress for Figlia!! I'm sure she loves the freedom! And poor you with the unpleasantness! I hope it all clears out soon but definitely better to have it all checked out.
ReplyDeleteFiglia is far too young to be roaming about on her own! But I'm sure she appreciates the independence and is thrilled that you were willing to allow it. It's good that you live in a place where she can safely go some places on her own.
ReplyDeleteSounds like maybe you could use a colonoscopy. Do they do those here? They prescribe them like candy in the US, it seems. Much luck - I hope they can figure out the problem...without additional samples. :(