Skip to main content

Mommy Training

Things are improving a bit on the Figlia front. I remember something she told me right after she had crossed a line again - "What will you do? Yell at me? Hit me?". That question from her told me what I shouldn't do - react.

So, I caught her at a calm moment, and I told her that she could go to R's place, but she cannot go without informing me first, and she will have to return when asked to. Apparently, my daughter thought that I would not consent to her going there, and that is why all those shenanigans were up.

Once we reached an agreement, she is more open about her intentions. She did break a rule again, and got wrapped up pretty quick on it. I have asked her to use the stairs and not the elevator when she is alone but Miss Confident was using the elevator even when alone, and the elevator got stuck yesterday. She learnt her lesson. 

Since I know that her confidence is a bit more than her ability at this age, I am trying very hard to set rules that she can follow, and she can still get that freedom that she aspires. I am scared of the human wolves around, and the daily news is not helping allay my fear. 

Gracy went home early on Monday evening, and did not show up for work yesterday. I took an off yesterday, and I came back to office today. Her penchant for theatrics is amazing. She is currently dying very loudly from cold, cough and fever. On last Friday itself when I quizzed her about her malaise, she told me that her whole body was stiff and aching, and for a combination of four different things, she had brilliantly had only a painkiller.

The kids will be in daycare today, post-school. 

Comments

  1. Good plan - You could also tell Little Miss Independent that there are situations she is not yet capable of handling on her own (case in point: broken elevators), and that she must trust you to know what the appropriate limits are. She's welcome to make her case for whatever she wants to do, but your word is final because you DO actually know more than she does about things.

    I hope you can find a more reliable nanny, but I believe that's difficult anywhere...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.