It's been ten days of the new school for M. Snotty days are already here. M has been melting my heart with asking for hugs just about whenever he is reminded of them. He bear-hugged me yesterday, halfway through his bath. And then today morning, as soon as he woke up, he just wanted to be held. He wrapped his arms around me. We just sat like that for a few minutes. He usually is clingy in the morning, but today he did not even go into his dad's arms.
Figlia has been challenging me with her assertions of independence. Along with her friend from the next door, she has been repeatedly insisting on going alone to the neighbourhood park. There has been this one time when I said that it was okay if she was playing at her friend's house, but not to go to the park without asking me. My daughter went ahead with going to the park before asking me first!
But then, something else happened yesterday evening. You see, my daughter learnt that fooling someone is the same as lying to someone. We have multiple parks in our township. Only one has slides/rides, rest are just spaces to chill around/sit. So Figlia told me that she was going to A's house, but then A elbowed her to reveal that they intended to go to a different park. Figlia began giggling, and I asked Figlia why she was lying. She was genuinely surprised that her fooling me was tantamount to lying. She learnt her lesson, and told me that she was going to the park.
My natural reaction is anger. However, all of this week, I have exercised restraint. Yesterday too, I told her that if she did not tell me where she went, I would not know where to find her or expect her. And that fooling your parents is not as amusing as it may appear. She seems to have taken it well, and I intend to reinforce it.
Figlia is certainly an adventurer! I am glad to hear that she takes your advice into consideration, though.
ReplyDeleteCuddles with M sound lovely...