A couple of posts back I had mentioned the good fortune of suffering a particular infection every cycle. Since then, I have undergone a neat battery of blood tests and two visits to the doctor.
For one, the infection is bacterial. For two, my hemoglobin has tanked to 7.8 (no wonder my immunity is haywire).
The doctor got a test for typing of anemia, and it appears to be iron deficiency anemia, possibly from my body not absorbing iron properly.
I finished about a week's prescription before realizing that my situation was not improving, so yesterday I got another prescription. My anti-biotic has changed, and there is a plethora of supplements to go with it (and the iron supplement is a 3 month course).
I feel embarrassed and I feel afraid having the infection lest I pass it on to Figlia.
My sleep has wonked up again. I tend to wake up anytime between 3:00 am - 4:30 am, and I have the urge to freshen up. I do eventually go back to sleep, but sometimes, I don't feel rested when I get up from the bed in the morning.
My in-laws are still here, and they will be gone next week. We took a brief vacation early this week, and it was very nice. We went boating, and on a safari the next morning. Figlia said that she wanted to stay on, and not return home.
Last night, after dinner was done, I changed into clothes for the night, took a bath, and was comfortably playing an online word game on my phone, when DH informed that the air cooler in the other bedroom was not working. I was unprepared for that information, and my first reaction was irritation. Eventually the six of us, slept in our bedroom, and it was not my dream scenario. I know I shouldn't have been irritated at the prospect of sharing the room, but my face has a pace of its own, and my reaction was far too obvious.
I was up again at 4 am and eventually went back to sleep, waking up only at 6:15 am.
We have been looking at several houses these last few months because we plan to shift, and nothing has really sprung up. What we liked was beyond our budget. And there is another house we will be visiting tomorrow. Let's see if that becomes anything.
I have been a picture of growling, bristly annoyance lately with DH. He told me that he finds it difficult to talk to me, and has to prepare himself before approaching me with any information. Yes, that is a wonderful notion to have when the communication is already affected by a lot of things.
But I am strongly "take no crap", and some learning I recently had (observing two different couples) was that the wife must never hide what pleases or upsets her from her husband, or she wouldn't be able to flag down the behaviour when inertia sets into the relationship. The other lesson I took was that no matter how good your companion is, always do look out for yourself. Be adjusting, but don't kill yourself over it.
Well, finally! I'm glad you're learning to put yourself, well, if not first, at least SOMEWHERE on the list! It's about time!
ReplyDeleteAlso...who wouldn't be irritated by having to share your room with other people? I'd probably be irritated enough to go sleep in the other room, if it wasn't horrible there. :) It's probably more of an American thing, though, since we all seem to like our space.