Skip to main content

Random

Figlia has been super smart in her answers lately. I always considered her bright, but I also now feel that she expresses herself very well, and has a definite sense of humour. Fortunately or unfortunately, she has my kind of sense of humour, and we have a riot in the house just mimicking the fart of an elephant sometimes.

M is naughty, and reflects a lot of behaviour that is just like Figlia (but he is a very different person overall). He became angry at me when I unwrapped the candy for him without him asking me to unwrap it. So Figlia! But he is a complete jumping jack, jumping over stuff continuously or jumping from stuff all the time.

I however have some worries of my own. My right knee (that had the avulsion injury) that appeared to be completely healed with the medication and braces I wore for a month, is acting up again. I have dull persistent pain that I feel every time I flex the knee. Plus the toes of my left foot are also aching. I noticed a slight swelling on my left foot, and I think that it could also be causing the pain. Since my mother has arthritis I am worried that I might develop it too.

~TMI ahead~


Can someone have UTI psychologically? I think there is another name for it - psychosomatic? Every mid-cycle I am convinced I have it, then I use a prescription ointment I have, and I feel better. But it's screwing my mind completely. Given that I tend to associate UTIs with poor hygiene or using of public loos, and that I haven't had it in a few years, this thing is not making sense to me. 

Comments

  1. I think UTIs are more complex than most people would think - I've had some pretty persistent ones. I think some people are also predisposed to having UTIs. And you can get them from just holding your urine for too long. But I sometimes feel like they come and go, so it's possible you do have mild ones that resolve on their own.

    Geez - we just trumpeted like elephants at my house. And for a long time, in order to try and avoid the prolonged hilarity of fart humor (because I do not find it that funny), my daughter thought fart was a forbidden word. So, when she told my sister that her son had used the F word, my sister was appalled...until I told her that the F word was fart and not what she was thinking. THAT's my kind of fart humor!

    The constant jumping makes me crazy - my daughter was always active, but she has (at just about 10) reverted to acting like a 3 year old - jumping on everything, climbing on everything, tantrums...so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah UTI!! I have that too! I do believe that there is some psychological contribution to it. I actually just went to the doctor today, he mentioned that there are non-bacterial cystitis (my pee stick was negative for infection today) and to try and treat it conservatively. Mannose is apparently a god sent in these cases. I will try and let you know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.