It has been a few months since I discovered my lovely husband's infidelity.
It's like this - I never in my life expected this to ever happen to me. My trust is shattered, and most days, my sense of self-worth is the same status as my trust (and then I do the sad job of picking myself up, and pushing to the next moment, with no expectations).
I know that it is completely his fault to have indulged himself in the promise of free slurpee from the whore. I also assessed from the transcripts available to me that she was very predatory from the inception, and planned her moves well.
My maternity leave was an opportunity she utilized very well. Even after M happened, I was pretty inconvenienced with things like tantrums, feeds, baby poop and sleep. She was free all night, as was my husband.
My maternity leave was an opportunity she utilized very well. Even after M happened, I was pretty inconvenienced with things like tantrums, feeds, baby poop and sleep. She was free all night, as was my husband.
Today, she is no longer his ho-worker. She is jobless and almost penniless (but her social media pics lie coz they show her toned body in beautiful dresses, perfect in every pout, attending parties of her friends, drinking booze that she cant otherwise afford). She quit on her own, though she does not know that it was pre-planned, and a trap she fell into.
DH has apologized again, and again and again, and again. I have not forgiven him.
I am suffering mentally, emotionally and physically. I am not doing very well at work, mostly because I am a bit disoriented.
She is still a part of our life, and does not know that I am aware of her dignified poaching of my territory. The plan is to use the tested shock and awe for a final showdown, and we hope that it will be the end of the episode. She is psycho, and goes completely ballistic every time my husband tells her to end it.
I find it very cruel and belittling on her part that she refuses to answers any questions about me or will just not comment if any references are made about me in their conversation.
Question like, "What if my wife finds out?" will get no response. If DH exclaims, "Elsie wanted me to come home early today but here I am, drinking piss from what you said was slurpee. What should I tell Elsie?", she wont bat an eyelid. The wife does not matter. I mean, it would have been good if she even expressed jealousy or resentment. But, no. Nothing for the wife!
(But you will be shocked to know, that she "craves the same attention from DH that is showered on Figlia." She is nuts on many levels, and this is just one of the angles.)
Question like, "What if my wife finds out?" will get no response. If DH exclaims, "Elsie wanted me to come home early today but here I am, drinking piss from what you said was slurpee. What should I tell Elsie?", she wont bat an eyelid. The wife does not matter. I mean, it would have been good if she even expressed jealousy or resentment. But, no. Nothing for the wife!
(But you will be shocked to know, that she "craves the same attention from DH that is showered on Figlia." She is nuts on many levels, and this is just one of the angles.)
I am also very aghast at the idea that she has shared an intimacy with my husband that was never meant to be hers, and was meant to be all mine. I have to shut my brain with much force to refuse the visuals playing hop in my mind.
What is left for me of him that she has not touched?
She is completely unperturbed by the fact that she is involved with someone who is incidentally married with kids. She claims my husband to be the man of her dreams, and who she will never leave even though he wants out. His marital status is inconsequential, and her life is worth living only if he is around.
I was reading an online article sometime last year where the tantalising heading was about a nanny and the husband when the wife was away. Well, one would read the article thinking that the article reported an exciting, illicit affair between the nanny and the husband, but actually the article said that the nanny made a pass at the husband but failed to get suitable response. Since when has not cheating become more mentionable than cheating?
And this was my friends, hopefully the last post I make about this issue/Molly. I have been told that I am obsessed with her...thinking of, and talking of only her. She is a daily agenda topic for me, and I realized that this was really happening. I don't want to be consumed by her anymore. My body may not be the best there is in the market, but my intellect is far more desirable, and my time precious. I am going to try and disengage slowly from this.
She will exit his, and hence our life eventually. I don't really care for her well-being, and I think Karma will get to her. She deserves it all.
She is completely unperturbed by the fact that she is involved with someone who is incidentally married with kids. She claims my husband to be the man of her dreams, and who she will never leave even though he wants out. His marital status is inconsequential, and her life is worth living only if he is around.
I was reading an online article sometime last year where the tantalising heading was about a nanny and the husband when the wife was away. Well, one would read the article thinking that the article reported an exciting, illicit affair between the nanny and the husband, but actually the article said that the nanny made a pass at the husband but failed to get suitable response. Since when has not cheating become more mentionable than cheating?
And this was my friends, hopefully the last post I make about this issue/Molly. I have been told that I am obsessed with her...thinking of, and talking of only her. She is a daily agenda topic for me, and I realized that this was really happening. I don't want to be consumed by her anymore. My body may not be the best there is in the market, but my intellect is far more desirable, and my time precious. I am going to try and disengage slowly from this.
She will exit his, and hence our life eventually. I don't really care for her well-being, and I think Karma will get to her. She deserves it all.
I have been reading your posts but not commenting because I feel like I have nothing to say, no comparable experiences to share from. But I wish you all the strength you need to begin to put the pieces back together, in whatever shape you find best.
ReplyDeleteMuch, appreciated, aryanhwy!
DeleteWow,she sounds extremely immature or a little unbalanced and narcissistic. I pity her, because she is clearly incapable of understanding that other people exist and have feelings and lives and that she may impact those. Regardless, August can't come soon enough. :/
ReplyDeleteI think it will be good for you to let go of this as much as you can. It sounds to me like you want to preserve your family and will work to forgive your husband. Or maybe you haven't decided yet. But there are always untapped areas of the people we care about that will eventually be exposed - it's why people can rekindle marriages (or get divorced too, to be fair) after 40 years. Perhaps there is some sort of cleansing ritual out there that you can use to wash Molly from your life, once this is all over. In the meantime, push it all aside and focus on M, Figlia, catching up at work, taking care of your knee, and other distractions. Maybe your subconscious can work out what you want to do next if you stop letting it all dominate your conscious mind. :)
Will send you a mail later.
DeleteI thought it was over between them, but this makes it seem like he is still involved with her. Wtf???? I would drop his ass, sorry.
ReplyDeleteDid not see an associated mail with your id, and I would have liked to reply to you by mail. (Mine is gulmoharskies@gmaildotcom)
DeleteDropping his ass is very much an option. I want to be careful with my choices.
You deserve better.
ReplyDeleteAnywhere but here, seems to be my life story.
DeleteWhen you forgive an errant spouse you are giving him permission to do it again. He knows that you are still with him regardless of his behavior Sometimes decisions need to be made for the sake of children
DeleteDear Katie,
DeleteI have not forgiven him. I am not even attempting to forgive him at this point of time.
Children indeed are the "complication" in my decision making, or my decision making would have been very simple.
And I am being careful, and being vigilant.
He has crossed the line, but the green grass of his desires is so infested that he himself wont walk another lawn again.
But yes, I am being alert.
I am sorry for your pain and betrayal and this awful position he has put you in. I am not sure why there is so much focus on her? Who gives a flying f*ck about her? Your husband betrayed your trust and the safety of your place in your marriage. He had a commitment to you, she did not, and he broke that. Yes, it takes two, but when partners stray the responsibility is squarely his own. HE has to crawl back. HE has to make it right. HE has to earn every single cent of your trust back. HE has to endure your endless questions, need for information, relentless probing about his whereabouts. He made a choice and only his actions can rectify it or you can make a choice to move on.
ReplyDeleteWill mail you later.
DeleteMy heart breaks for you for what you have been through. And what your children have been through, too. No, you haven't told your children that Daddy is screwing another woman, but they can sense sadness & upset. They instinctively know something is off balance. What ever happened to faithfulness? To adult men & women NOT trying to date someone when they find out that person is married and already taken? This girl has NO morals. I'm glad she's gone from work & hope she is gone from your life forever very soon. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you are having to go through this. I completely understand the cautious delaying of decision making. I'm in that mode now myself for different reasons but I get it. Hugs to you and rest assured that you are permitted all the time you need.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you are having to go through this. I completely understand the cautious delaying of decision making. I'm in that mode now myself for different reasons but I get it. Hugs to you and rest assured that you are permitted all the time you need.
ReplyDeleteKatie, Been there, and others...I wanted to clarify a certain point, and I think it should come out.
ReplyDeleteMolly was disowned by her family after they discovered that she was involved with a married guy (the parents suspect but don't know for sure), and the condition of her return to the family is that she must file sexual abuse/harassment against the guy she was with. Clue: police case, scandal.
Also, Molly has been threatening self-harm, and if she does implement her threat, DH would get implied for abetment (because she writes letters/diary mentioning him), and my husband would have to be investigated for his role. Clue: media picks up a juicy story.
Molly has nothing to lose, but if this thing spirals out of control, it will not only compromise DH's career, but will ensure that the enterprise they are associated with shuts shop the very same day, and hence the jobs of 40 other people go for a toss.
For now, DH is limited contact with Molly. His interaction is mostly phone based (all the calls are being recorded), and they go for a drive once a month (audio recording on). And DH is pulling it for another two months, and then the stated show down would happen.
Molly refuses to heed to "this cannot continue".
Dear Bell, this is just such a messed up situation all around. I know you mailed me the background but what I don't understand is how he expects you to play a role in this whole "break up" with her. Now that she is no longer a threat to his employ he should break it off IMMEDIATELY. This just sounds like an excuse for him to "hold on a bit longer" to Molly. I don't know. I am just so very sorry that you have to deal with this.
ReplyDeleteBe kind to yourself.
xxx
I haven't been around blogland very much since Felix was born but I am here to offer my support and a virtual hand to hold. I'm sad that you are having to deal with this and I hope you find your way through it soon.
ReplyDeleteAnd this, very much this:
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/698029-Right-listen-up-everybody