Skip to main content

What am I doing? ...and other popular questions.

M-no* came onto the balcony while I was doing laundry, and snotty-sneezed. I sent a silent Hallelujah, because I like to give medicines in tandem to the children. It's either X or Y, or both. Figlia's bowels had hung an "out of order" sign on Sunday, and she was already on medicine for it.

*(No, Please don't throw your bottle from the balcony. No, Please don't throw the biscuit into the potty seat. No, Please don't hide your grapes in the laundry basket. No, Please don't shut the TV off while your sister is eagerly following an Oggy and the Co.ckroaches chase. No, Please don't dump an entire bag of diapers all over the house. No, Please don't colour Figlia's school sheets. No, Please don't eat her crayons. No, Please don't eat Figlia's nose. And no, You can't eat that bar of soap either.)

But yes, M-no's antics and our brimming medicine cabinet are not the topic for the post.

DH feels ashamed of what he has done. We met a lawyer (for a related topic, but not divorce/counselling), and he had one question for my hubby - "Would you accept your wife if the she did this to you?". He did answer it, but I think it was not a very convincing one. 

For one, whatever happened was what lasted for a couple of months, and since then my husband had focused on keeping the burned bush under cover. It did not help that Molly does not want to let go, and was and is still bent on "you can not leave me"(you can think and reference Fatal Attraction again).

I want to extract my husband from this. Trust me, there is more at stake than just the utopian marital bliss. 

I am in a place where everyone knows everyone, and therapy is not easy to get. God knows, I want to talk to someone. I have confided to a colleague-friend, but then it is just superficial bits. 

I have not told my family, or his family. The last thing I want is any emotional rippling at any other place but my heart. And it is not because I am very generous person who likes to keep pain with oneself, but because for eff's sake, I feel like I am still unable to completely cope with own emotions, and then don't want anyone else's emotional spillovers. Not Yet.

I have considered leaving. I anonymously posted in a forum of legal advice to see if there is some legal angles I can get on several by-products of this situation, and its consequences. 

Kmina asked in a recent post:

"what are those other women thinking when they get involved with married men, young fathers, men that by proving their love to them just prove how unworthy of trust and love they are?"
I don't have a specific answer to that question. But I do know one (young, beautiful and educated) floozy who knew a married man, knew his wife, and even attended a birthday party of the married man's rainbow child, and who waited for the wife to go away on maternity leave and then told her boss that he was such a gentleman and that she had met never someone as spectacular as him, and was available for anything he ever needed from her.

And I am not exonerating my husband. For everything that happened, HE had complete control on not letting it happen, and not taking the first few weeks of innuendos get to him or cause any ego trip. 

There are smaller emotional points that I pester him on. Most of the times, he is stumped at how such a tiny thing would matter to me? Or, he tries to tell me that my knowing the answer would hurt me more. I don't care. I have been back-stabbed, and the dagger is not coming out.

He does appear to be repentant. He is sure of not wanting Ms. Molly anymore in his life. However, as easy a trapeze it was for Ms. Molly to come into our lives, the outswing is not going to be easy one because Molly is refusing to let go.  

Then I don't want to be that woman either. Several years ago (like 15-17 years?) I was visiting an aunt who stayed near a popular beach. In that trip, we had an excursion to a nearby spot with my cousins and another family that was a friend of my aunt's. On the return trip, I sat in the back seat and twice caught the wife staring at me in the side-view mirror and then she would have a small smile every time our eyes met. I found the behaviour strange but did not mention it to anyone. I think sometime after that I came to know that the couple that went with us on the trip were in a rough spot in the marriage, as the wife had caught her husband cheating. I understood that the reason why the woman was continually observing me and staring at me was only to check if I and her hubby (who was driving the car) locking our eyes or making eye contact. 

I think she was so conscious of what had happened that every female who shared any space with her husband was under her hawk-eye. 

I don't know what happened to their marriage. I do know that today I looked twice and with suspicion when I found my husband smiling at another mum who was making her child board the same school bus as Figlia. I now understand where the creepy behaviour stemmed from. 

It is not movies we are talking here. There are lives. No matter what happens, there is scalding already.

Strong does not mean that I will pick up my bags and leave. In fact, that is the easier way out for me. 

I am not talking easy. I am talking of something deeper than a ubiquitous show of strength. 

Comments

  1. And the ripples of one's doing continue on and on, in so many lives. and can't be undone. This is what guts me about such a doing, that even though the repentant truly is sorry, that changes so little in the grand scheme of things.
    I simply cannot understand women like Molly. There must be a reason, but it just escapes my power of understanding.
    You alone are the one who can carry the burden of understanding what needs to be done, and do it. I am thinking of you, and am here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen girls like Molly all my life - they are ultra-competitive and instead of turning their attention to a career or something, they focus their competitive nature on a man. I have always laughed at those girls, because to me, men are not worth that much effort.

    Such a small thing, eh? If sex/attention is such a small thing, then why did he not wait for the time when you would be able to deliver it to him again? Shouldn't have been hard to wait... That's what irks me - the meandering attempts men use to make women feel bad about not immediately forgiving their poor choices. And I know that it must pull at you, because he does really need your moral support right now...when you are probably least inclined to give it. Sigh...

    Meanwhile, M-No is following in Figlia's mischievous footsteps? You have a lot on your plate. You'll get through it eventually - nothing lasts forever. Try to remind yourself of that when everything feels way too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you have all this sh*t to deal with. And you are definitely not taking the easy way out. Hugs and light to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The strength isn't in what you decide so much as the journey toward the decision and the afterward...there is strength in all options.

    Abiding with you as you find the future path right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get the complexity of the situation. I'm so sorry you're facing such a sucky thing. I think you are wise to consider all that you are considering. There are gut-level reactions, and there are long-range implications of these, and that's where you are wise to proceed carefully, with awareness. Self- and otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand not wanting to talk about it until you process it more, but I do hope you open up more about it. I am so sorry this happened- wishing you strength and peace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.