I wonder sometimes if my perceptions are more powerful than what the reality is, but I have been numb to lot of stuff recently because I know that over-reaction would be very harmful.
In November, when I was at my in-laws, one morning, I was making breakfast, and everyone else was just doing something else. I was busy cooking but my mind was chewing gum of its own. I noticed that M sat on the floor and was holding my gown, just content to not be leaving my side. Thank God. It was needed. I was happy to know that I had company, even if of a baby with newly precipitated stranger anxiety.
M has been cracking up his own forts. He latched shut me and Figlia in the bathroom once. Today he latched DH and Figlia. That boy just can't be trusted with latches. He pushed a frame full of washed clothes onto the floor today.
He is standing unsupported but not walking independently. Figlia walked at 13 months, so we are in a similar bracket possibly.
Also, the beginning of this week, he wrecked my nights with five feeds. So DH has been sleeping with him, and I sleep with Figlia, and Mister M is back to two feeds. He really does not want his Dad to stress out much.
Meanwhile, I did not think that Figlia would easily agree to sleep with me, but my doubts have been unfounded. She sleeps well with me, and is ready for it.
She ran a fever yesterday, and it is a bout of viral fever. She has done well with medication, but has been babbling crazy for two nights. That is my childhood. I talked gibberish, and through my sleep whenever I ran a fever as a child.
Work has been crazy. I had applied for a higher position a while back, and interview dates for the same could be declared anytime now.
Have I ever said that I am not particularly fond of my landlady? She sometimes makes very personal comments, and I don't appreciate them.
So M is a trickster! Watch out, Figlia! You should have some fun with those two.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the interview. And the landlady...