Skip to main content

Life Currently

I am tied up at work. And yet, I tend to take out minutes for myself while at workplace, because it is easier to do it here than at home.

Last week, I applied for a higher position at my workplace. Overall, the resume looks good, but the last few years, some categories have suffered because I have been away for extended periods from my workplace. 

Between 2011 and 2014, I have claimed maternity leave thrice! I need to later also submit a crisper resume that is quantitative, and will focus on only the last three years, and boy, does it suck! In it,  I am meeting the criteria, but by the edge of my teeth. If only both - the whole resume and the partial one are taken together, does it look any good. And then, I am not the only one vying the raise, so I have to make it work.

Since the resume will be just one part of the evaluation that goes with the consideration to promote, I am hoping the other dimensions will help me.

The very same week was M's brush with viral fever and skin allergy. Figlia had another run with night terror and the children took turns to ensure sleep at night was disturbed.

Sunday was an exam and I have not done too well on it. 

Gracy has been a saviour at home. Now that she has been around for a while, I have better judgment about the Yays and Nays with her. 

Hubby has been making efforts to come home early whenever he can manage to, which is much better than him never coming home early. He coming home early is a relief too. 

DH took a gym off for two months in between and has resumed from July 1. If you recall, you would know that he had taken a subscription for me too, but let's just say that in the quest for fitness and a chance to poop in peace, I have decided to go with the latter. We could not have gone in together, and any other time was not comfortable to me.

Figlia is a little story teller. There are lions, tigers, and kings, cats and dogs and children and Gods in her stories, and people from real life too. She is still strong on the tantrum streak, and I have to be wary of the mood swings. Recently, I discovered something in her behaviour. She did something that deeply annoyed hubby. She came to me, fully expecting me to scold too. And I just hugged her. And the lady's temper melted away! She became normal and the house's center of gravity returned to normal.

She is still having tough time at her school. She has not adjusted completely.

M is on a different plane. He can sit and hold himself that way if we make him sit, but is not able to currently sit himself up. He can clap, wave goodbye and is generous with his smiles. He is not as open to food as his sister was. That is such a revelation. Figlia ate everything we gave (barring when she was teething or something was up), but M already shows preference for food items. 

Comments

  1. Good luck with the promotion! I'm sure you will be able to make your resume shine...

    Sounds like a rough week. Hope everyone is sleeping better.

    Sounds like you're making progress on figuring Figlia out or keeping her surprised as to how you'll react! Whatever works to keep the tantrums away...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.