Skip to main content

Calibration

Figlia is exactly 3 1/2 years old today. Wow.

I remember recording the date every month in her first year, a sort of crossing the calendar that we were finally getting to the 12th month. And this loosened up after she hit 18 months. And now, it is more an acknowledgement of year(s), than months.

M is a 'latent variable', a sly mister who looks calmer than his sister but is upto one thing or the other. He is a week short of turning 8 months old. Mister is caterpillar crawling! It's cute, really. He uses his belly, elbows and knees the most to push himself ahead. 

He sits well if one makes him sit, but is not sitting himself up right now.

Figlia has started choosing clothes for M (especially the clothes he wears in the evening)! M in turn, has special interest in anything and everything his older sister is holding. He tore a page off an activity book that was in Figlia's hand, before she or I could do anything significant about it. 

Figlia receives M every evening when we return from the daycare, and the squeal is mutual. 

Figlia has this albatr.oss dance for M. She bends herself, raises her hands behind her bending the palms inwards, and croaks and dances, and that has everyone laughing including M.

When it is good, it goes great.

DH will be travelling early half of next week. Gracy has agreed to stay nights for those days, and yet, I am still stressed about it.

Comments

  1. It is no surprise to hear M is more laid back tha his sister, after all, that level of intensity israrely reached. 😁
    I wish you worried less, but then I remember you are F's mother, and that intensity must have come from somewhere. I hope Gracy can help you deal with everything as you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound like such fun! And you'll be fine while DH is away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound like such fun! And you'll be fine while DH is away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.