M rolled off our bed today morning. I was in the kitchen. His Dad was standing right next to the bed, reading the newspaper. Figlia was playing with him. He just rolled and rolled, and landed on his back. I heard him shriek and cry.
This event happened twenty minutes after I had put M on the bed we have set up on the floor, and DH said that it was alright to keep him on our bed.
I was angry, and Hubby did not pretend like nothing happened. He was profusely apologetic, and that saved him.
M was fine. Just shocked, but fine. Figlia cried because she perceived the heat on my face, and then I told her that it was not directed at her, so she calmed down.
Last night he woke up at midnight, and was awake for a while, playing by himself. He is on Entero.germina for his poop troubles.
He is mobile, even though he does not look like it. Somehow, he will twist and writhe and get to whatever object is catching his fancy, and that is something I had already pointed out to everyone at home.
For almost a week now, M has also started adding consonants to his speech, and he goes "Mumma/ Emma". I am claiming to whoever listens that I have won the first word game this time too! :-)
He also showed off a new skill today - sliding from his bouncer. His safety harness was not on, and nothing untoward happened, but mister just straightened himself and raised his bum and slid off. Other times, he tries to turn to his side to catch the duck printed on his bouncer.
C has fallen off the bed recently too- though she is much bigger. I almost wet my pants. She is climbing on everything.
ReplyDeleteWow, lucky you -- twice! Gwen's first word was "cat". Some form of "mom" didn't make it onto the list until words 10-15 or so. I comforted myself that she didn't name me distinctly because she didn't yet see me as distinct from herself, and thus the fact that she didn't say "mom" was proof of good parenting...but even then I knew it was just a convenient lie! :)
ReplyDeleteHa! Lucky (?) you for having a mobile one! That seems early.
ReplyDeleteMy girl fell off a bed once - I thought my husband was watching her, since I distinctly told him that I was going to do something else, but since I was standing right there (with my back to her), it was still my fault. *eyeroll* No major damage, fortunately.
At least you won the first word game!
When the movement starts it's almost startling because it seems to happen overnight that they won't stay where you put them. :) My son fell off the bed once as well (and we have a high bed!) and my daughter rolled off the couch. I think it happens to most parents during that mobile transition time - I'm glad he wasn't hurt!
ReplyDeleteYay for Mumma!
The bumps and falls are hard. The other day I was carrying J and tripped on one of V's toys- it made me lose my grip on her, and she fell chest/face first. She was alright, but I was so upset with myself.
ReplyDeleteThe mobility stage is hard.
One time, we were on vacation and we were eating outdoors for breakfast. We put W in a high chair that we thought would work fine....and the high chair promptly fell over. She was fine--but always annoying when parents try to not to put their kids in situations like that and fail. (Luckily, little ones are generally tough nuts--they have to fall a lot when they are learning to crawl and walk!) Glad M is doing so well!
ReplyDelete