Skip to main content

Drool. Colic. Diaper Update

Since we are already a week past this, let me reveal now that I now have only one child in diapers. We went cold turkey on diapers just the way we went cold turkey on Figlia's bottles. 

And it has been hard. Figlia now regularly skips a day between her pooping. And on the day that it becomes unavoidable, we make almost 30 rounds to the loo. She will sit, and get up and say that she is done. 

"Oh come on, atleast try!", is a useless statement. She will go when she can't hold it anymore, and seriously, it is hilarious to watch her expression then. But it is maddening to accompany her the remaining 29 free trips to the throne. 

Her comfort with diapers was that she continued to do what she wanted to do without being bound to a location. To go to the loo kills her other activities, and she resists it. Plus, she is almost apologetic about having to poop. 

We will get better at this. Mostly because, there is nothing else except the getting better part, right?

I won't record tantrums till something happens such that I feel like recording, but we are having multiple meltdowns in a day. 

M has been drooling crazy. He has been at it for a couple of weeks, and I almost am sure that the white toothy will come out just about any day. But he drools and chews, and nothing else is happening currently.

Colic has returned. He was super colicky and hence cranky on Sunday afternoon and evening, and he got better by night. That day, we gave him solids only once. 

Thankfully he was better in the night, and that was sweet succor. 

Gracy has taken this week off, and we are just one day down. My in-laws are coming on Thursday and it will be a different level of fun then.


Comments

  1. Good luck, Figlia! You're right, it can only get better.

    Right now, I'm in the stage where I'm looking forward to the point where my morning alarm bell isn't "Mummy! I had a poo!" Soon her arms will be long enough and she'll have enough attention to detail to be able to wipe herself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrr - changing my password means that my comments keep disappearing!

    Hurray for Figlia! Get that tooth in, M - you'll feel much better once it breaks through! Nothing to be done about the in-laws, aside from handing Figlia over to them and letting her work her magic on them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.