Skip to main content

Elsie Downer

Sorry about all my recent posts having a blue tone to them. This one will not be different because I have not slept well last night at all.

M came yesterday morning. I took an off from work, because I knew that going to work would clash straight with their arrival and that would make everything a little confused. Plus, I got a chance to quickly settle everything and everyone.

Figlia went on a instant high because her favourite people were home - her grandparents and "little baby". 

DH left for work, and thank god for Gracy (our part time nanny, who has started with us just this week), because Gracy became my extra hand. So, if F was after my parents, M was with us, and vice versa. 

As has happened before, Figlia managed to thwart M's attempts to nap, and he was cranky by the time he slept late in the afternoon. Thankfully, with feeds in between he did nap for almost 3 hours. Figzy napped too, which afforded him the luxury. 

I am seriously hoping F will stop disturbing him when he is trying to nap. She is just too playful, but it is not that cute, really.

In the evening, everyone went out barring me and M.  M had gone for a power nap at 8 p.m. and woken up in about 45 mins. My parents slept on "our bed" with M. 

(We are planning to co-sleep with M such that 'our' bed would be M's and mine, and an extra bed that has been set up would be DH and Figlia's.)

Figlia got fixed on sleeping with her grandparents. She was also fixed on the baby sleeping with her. Figlia rolls and kicks in her sleep, so the second request was out of question. DH spent a long while dissuading her. She finally went away with DH. Sometime around midnight, DH came to leave F with me, because she was not ready to sleep, and wanted to sleep with the grandparents. Between her talk, and M's waking up for feeds, and the general disturbance, my sleep went for a toss. 

Figlia has to be told all the time to not speak loudly when M is sleeping/trying to sleep. She has to be constantly monitored because in sheer affection, she tries to feed him stuff that she been eating, which includes things that go straight into the category of choking hazards. 

The underlying phenomenon that has now become a trend with me is that my sleep cycle is totally ruined. I will wake up 5:45 a.m. irrespective of whether it is needed or not. I will wake up at the slightest disturbances during the night. I will wake up at every sleepy murmur Figlia makes. I get yawning by 8 p.m. and can't go to bed then for practical reasons. I keep wondering if I will ever sleep again. I am half-aware all the time with very short bouts of deep sleep. Once awake, I have to make efforts to sleep again.

My mind is jelly, and it is not pretty.   

Comments

  1. You'll get through it! I know it doesn't feel like it will settle down, but it will eventually. Figlia will get over the newness of M. Then you'll have to keep them apart for different reasons. But it seems like you and DH are fairly indulgent with her, so maybe some stricter limits are in order. Maybe your part time nanny can enforce them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.