M is just a little bit over 5 weeks old (count Tuesdays of every week).
He is now becoming more and more aware....he sleeps best from 0300 hours onwards, and my mum can vouch that she is more sleep deprived than me at this point of time.
Yesterday (24th) was cluster feeding evening/night. He just wouldn't get full! I am glad that we are not depending on just my milk-maids. He wanted to be continuously held, and well, continuously fed.
Finally he slept a little after 3 a.m. today, and woke up around 6 a.m. ish...and napped again without taking his usual feed amount!
He has started making these cute noises...he rests his feet and pushes himself, he turns himself (I do not think it is deliberate), follows the sounds, and can lift his head when put on belly or when held vertical for burping...he is gaining strength.
His next immunization was scheduled for 30th, but we are post-consultation with SuperPed preponing it to 28th... as we might travel on the 30th.
It would be wrong if I say that these 5 weeks have just buzzed by, it does not seem that they have passed away that fast.
Figlia continues to be the storm-raiser prankster playful kid that she is. I found that her use of either hand extends to a lot of things. She brushes her teeth with either hand. She also fixes pieces on her board games independently with either hand, and today I found her scribbling, and chalking monster sized alphabets with both her hands. I am intrigued by this.
What fun new babies are! Except for that feeding and sleeping stuff...
ReplyDeleteAnd how interesting that Figlia is ambidextrous! Does she favor one side or just go with what's convenient?
I was thinking of Figlia the other day as we celebrated my niece's 3rd birthday :-)
ReplyDeleteA belated welcome to the world, baby M!