As the D-day approaches, one of my biggest concerns is to create an arrangement which is optimal for everyone including Figlia. To have too many stakeholders in this decision is a pain in the neck.
We spent a large part of last week with DH's family. My FIL threw a firecracker tantrum on the first evening, and it sort of hushed up everything for the rest of the trip. I hate it when people like to knit sops and not de-tangle things, and that is the general tendency around. I hate the fatalism that abounds.
One of my umpteenth SIL is due to give birth at the same time as me. That family has not revealed the transition about to happen to their toddler, while I have engaged Figzy from the get-go. I am curious about how our varied approaches would pan out.
I had injections for M's lung maturity last week. Unlike Figzy's pregnancy, it did not freak me out at all.
Last week has brought some great food my way. That was a huge plus.
Logistics are difficult - but it will work out one way or another. Don't go for optimal, just go for workable.
ReplyDeleteAren't FILs supposed to be old and wise and beyond tantrums? (Mine wasn't really either. Although they were rare. I never saw my dad throw a tantrum, but I was only 22 when he died, so who knows?)
How does one not tell a toddler about an incipient sibling? Is the kid uniquely self-absorbed and doesn't notice that something's different? Or are they just holding back about the birth process?
It's getting so close!
Nothing much to add to what areyoukiddingme already wrote, but still wanted to let you know that I'm still reading your blog and thinking about you!
ReplyDeleteAh, family... don't get me started... Things have really fallen apart here since my mom died (she really seemed to be able to keep my dad and my grandma in check or at least not blame the one with the young kids (who's just trying to keep her head above the water for most of the time) for everything).
Great food can be a life saver!