Skip to main content

Non-Profound Thoughts

It's like the calendar dates are burning since I hit 30 weeks. What appeared to be inordinately long, appears to be winding down to a single digit countdown. I hit 32 weeks yesterday, and we are trying to go till atleast 36 weeks.

I have head lice. I caught it from my kid. And I have no idea who gave it to her. Managing her thick mop of usually uncombed hair is a trouble in itself. It is easier to manage my hair, and get rid of the darned suckers. I plan to go super short after hitting 33 weeks, so my life would be simpler. 

Heartburn returned with a vengeance, and I found a cure. It is called jagg.ery....just a dollop of it throughout the day, and there is no acidity whatsoever. It is one of the pleasant-est things I have had to incorporate. 

Nausea has come in, though not so strong.

I am about to have my third IV injection, and the second time was more comfortable than the first. I gave up on the option of having an intra-cath inserted, because it will be awful time keeping it away from curiosity of a tiny one. So I get a prick every time, but I sucked up on the lessons from the first time, and had a more routine time with the second. Today should be smooth too.

I am curious, and very curious about whether M is a boy or a girl. The emotional overtones have gone, and I am filled with happy expectation. 

I want to have a serious talk about managing post-partum bleeding. I seriously feel that my anemia in this pregnancy stems from the fact that I started at a way lower Hemoglobin level in the current pregnancy.

I am playing Words with Friends. Do you? You should look for the no-dots-in-it 't.pot.lady'. 

Comments

  1. Hang in there. The last weeks are tough, but they are not forever. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you've found something to help your heartburn! Hopefully your nausea doesn't get too bad, maybe your heartburn treatment will do double duty :)

    Good luck today with your IV injection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - head lice? Ack! Perhaps Figlia would like a nice short haircut too?

    Glad to hear that you've got a heartburn remedy, but if it made room for the nausea again...I don't know which is worse.

    Time is flying by, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the head lice, yuck. And the heartburn, I had that so bad last time. I'm glad you have a remedy for that at least.

    Hope the transfusions go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems you are all filled up in Words with Friends! Said you had too many games going! :) I hope the iron infusion goes well and the nausea eases. I am so excited for you.

    And lice suck. Made my head itch just reading that line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently lice are a common milestone for school children over here. Am so NOT looking forward to that... But I hear often about this. I hope you get rid of them soon.
    Sorry to hear about nausea. Hang on, you haven't got that long now. When did the time go by?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.