Skip to main content

Done That

We are done with bottles. Completely. 

She still rues over the thieving crow, but does not whine at nap time or night time. 

I hardly believed it could be so easy. 

I washed her all her bottles one last time and let them to dry to on the kitchen counter. Today evening I will pack them and keep them away, and it feels like a huge achievement unlocked.






Comments

  1. WOOHOO!! That's great news!! I was so relieved to be over bottles lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is 18 mos and has one bottle day, in the morning. I'm not sure when we will be done, but it will be soon. It is something I both look forward to and dread as he is my last baby and this is another last thing I will do with him.

    That said, congratulations. More than the bottle, I will be happy to be done with diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, I am glad the cold turkey, pardon, the thiving crow method worked so well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Just in time for a brief reprieve before the next one starts...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.