Skip to main content

Wake Me Up Before I Go Home

~TMI Alert~~TMI Alert~~TMI Alert~

I am just surviving in some sort of haze. 

Nausea has again picked up. And my bowels are being rotten. 

I woke up twice during the night yesterday to go poop. Today morning, I got up from the bed because I had to, not because I was feeling refreshed and ready to get up.

- - - 

I saw this video someone shared on FB of some daycare helper beating an infant like crazy. The infant was crying, and the girl pinched the baby, hit the baby and tortured the poor baby. The baby was not very mobile and was trying its best to crawl out the corner where it had been pushed to by this woman, and this woman just rough-handled the poor infant, almost throwing the kid everytime to the place in the corner. 

By the end of the short video, the baby was just heaving, and yet this young helper would just not stop. I could see other children standing at the edges of the room but no one intervened. 

My blood went cold and hot just watching the video. I wanted to get "into the screen" and pick up the wailing baby, and smack and kill that helper. 

I carried the video in my mind for the remaining day. My luck ran sour when there was a news clipping that night of another sting operation done by a lady which showed the nanny grossly mishandling the toddler that had been left in her charge.

I am not in the right frame to tolerate it. I can't handle it. 

I enjoy my share of supernatural flicks, thrillers and horrors, but this thing is making me queasy. 

And I am no longer watching these kind of videos. 

Comments

  1. I don't blame you for not wanting to watch those types of videos. I really can't handle watching them myself, and I usually just don't click them. I do read the stories on occasion, but often enough the headline is enough for me.

    I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well, I really hope it eases up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, those kind of videos are unwatchable once you have your own children, they give you killer instincts and you can't "unwatch them". Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only reading about it makes me cringe inside and stop breathing properly. I cannot watch those videos as well. They haunt me for days and weeks and most probably forever. I try to stay away, although. I find myself clicking on articles like these, and then I torture myself thinking about it, how can anyone keep beating a child, or abusing, or whatever, how can they resist the cries and suffering, HOW? When I read about people doing anything bad to children, all I feel is pure hatred and the most basic urge to go find them and kill them. Killing them is the easy way out, since they should suffer constantly until death comes to take mercy on them on its own.
    I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like you are going through a challenging time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever since I became a mom, any sort of hint of a peril for a small child makes me sick, even is it's just a movie and they're just showing small kids in a town under siege. Even that makes my heart shrink with pain. Let alone a real video like this. How can anyone behave like that towards a defenseless child?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on trying to stay away from those types of videos/news articles. I know it happens, and my heart bleeds for those affected by abuse like this, but my head/heart needs to keep the distance for my own sanity. :(

    I've found that as my boys age, there is much more to sit in the pit of my stomach. And then there was that mass murder in a local university...and well, now I'm freaked that they won't even be safe when they are old enough to be out on their own.

    Many hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot handle seeing children be abused in such a manner. CANNOT HANDLE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am...sort of used to that sort of thing, given the nature of my job. But I can't stand the mistreatment of children - it always makes me sick and sad. It's part of the reason I left my hometown. Things are too bloody there.

    Sorry to hear your digestive system is not treating you well. Hope it calms down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't sound like the type of video I want to watch either. Lately my favorites are animal videos and specifically bat videos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.