Skip to main content

Ahem

This week and the last have been hectic work-wise. 

Figlia has overcome another bout of upset bowels. I initially assumed teething, but I think it is the season that was doing the number on her. I am in love with Entero.ger.mina because it suits her well and she takes it without a fuss. 

My first appointment with the doctor was prefaced by a routine noting down of my weight and BP, and I was shocked (really) that I started this pregnancy at a much higher weight than the last two. It made me cringe, and I know that I (do not) have lot of scope for weight gain. 

I haven't been feeling very engaged in the current pregnancy. I am connected to the baby within, but not the condition. 

I can also guarantee that it does not feel like the days are flying by (pregnancy-wise), but I just notice the change of pregnancy week as a blip in my brain, rather than mentally crossing off every day on the calendar as was my norm before. 

Nausea has thankfully eased up, but my appetite has not improved. 

Comments

  1. Thinking of you as always. Yeah for a break from the nausea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the nausea has calmed down. Here's to an easy and quick pregnancy. Will you be finding out what you are having?

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm assuming you're stating it because it feels "weird" (replace with more accurate word) to you, but I think being connected to the baby and not the pregnancy is a higher state; self-actualization? evolution? Meaning, it's like being focused on the marriage and not the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so tired from hyperemesis, work, school, and raising two older children, that I felt this poor 3rd child only got the sparest of attention during my pregnancy. it's hard to spare a thought when you have a child running around that needs a lot of your time. It was nice being on maternity leave and having the big kids in school- Miss C got my full attention then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt very disconnected to this pregnancy for awhile. I mean I was hoping and hoping it went well, and each ultrasound I felt a sense of relief, but I didn't connect to it like I did with V. I think that having V here distracted me, and part of it was also self preservation... I was afraid to get connected, and afraid of how that would affect me if we lost it... and how me being affected might in turn affect V and his well being. I would have still been upset and everything but I think most of me just wanted to pretend this wasn't happening out of self preservation. I took my shots, I took my Crinone, I went to the appointments, I got so anxious before said appointments that I almost threw up, but I tried not to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it's just that you're now more fully aware that pregnancy itself is a pure nuisance, and if not for the baby at the end of it, no one would do it? :)

    Glad the nausea has eased...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you don't have the time to actually think about the pregnancy state? I remember I was much less "engaged" during my pregnancy with Stevie as well, and I had to make myself take a moment and enjoy it all for that last time, but having to do it took a lot of the buzz off. At the time I suspected it, now I am sure about this. From what I hear, toddlers can do that to a pregnancy. :-)

    All health considerations aside, the lack of appetite helps with putting off the weight gain. :-) we all know that this is the least important on the priorit list, but on the" minor bothering things that we have to take care of after we get the baby home safe and sound" list, weight gain is a bother. I hope you are able to keep it in check, and eat healthy and make good choices so that the weight you gain is all baby and accessories, which come off after birth, and that you have one minor worry off your list.

    Sorry for typos. Blogspot, *#%€@&$!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.