Skip to main content

Hole in my Head

When I went for an ultrasound last Saturday, I kept insisting to my doctor that I was 8 weeks plus, when she informed me that I was 9 weeks plus. I asked her to recount from my LMP, and I was still not convinced. I came back to the office and prodded an online site to count how pregnant I was, and well it said I was 9w1d. Well, I have swept an entire week somewhere and I am not sure how I did it.

Nausea came back, but without vengeance. If I can rest up a bit and/or try to check if there is something really arising in my throat, it kind of sets it right. 

We share our bed with Figzy and I love this arrangement. However, I am now constantly aware and alert for any kicks in my tummy that I receive, and hence try to stick to a particular side position to save my belly. 

I also feel very lethargic. 

- - - 

I did not have to bother with hiding and not hiding my pregnancy. I was supposed to be at the helm of an event happening in my office in August. It was planned from last year. I had the brochure done and released in January this year. 

However, now the dates are colliding with the exact time frame when I would like to take leave from my office, so I requested my director to permit me to go on backfoot. I am now co-organizer and that has taken away much of the pressure of the event. 

Incidentally, my Director announced in a meeting a couple of weeks back that I won't be doing it and so he is looking for another person for the job. I refused to look into the gathering at the table and found much solace in counting bottles of water on the table. The first question that a pokey colleague asked me was if I was expecting again. 

I stayed non-committal, and still am the same but that doesn't mean that it isn't the main theory that people have for this voluntary withdrawal by me. 

- - -

The pokey colleague took her curiosity forward and rubbed my belly one day while we were talking about something. I was unprepared and completely taken aback. She followed it with "Don't let me be the last one to know". 

I regained my composure and continued the topic we were discussing. I did not comment. I think I may to have take out some notice in the local newspaper or my colleague might sue me. 


Comments

  1. I remember the belly kicks from outside, those are not fun... Hope you're energy comes back, even sooner now that you got the misplaced week back. Next time, pay more attention and don't just leave them anywhere, keep them all in one place. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people are so strange. Like your coworker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bad headline choice - you got me so worried with it!
    glad your biggest problem seems to be an annoying colleague :)
    grow baby grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elsie, Elsie dearest. I have been absent from blogger for so long and I'm clearly missing BIG things!
    I hope all is well and I wish you well. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.