Skip to main content

Ultrasound

Had an u/s today. One gestational sac was seen but the doc wasn't satisfied by whatever that she could/couldn't see inside the sac.

"There can be several reasons", she said and asked to repeat the sonography in seven days .

I don't feel hopeless currently and hopefully I can sustain this numb mind frame till next Thursday.

Come on, baby!!!

Comments

  1. Augh! Hopefully its limbo that comes out to paradise on the other end. Thinking good thoughts your direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the possible outcomes of an "early" u/s, and early depends on the machine and the person operating it. I hope that it is just early to show on that particular machine, or that the doctor was not able to interpret much. In one week, there should be much more to see. I hope and pray and wish that this is the case and that in a week, you're back with good news. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you know what I wrote above, I was just thinking out loud. How sad that you already know much too well the business of ultrasounds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh- come on baby!! thinking of you and sending many positive wishes for things to turn out well!

    mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Early ultrasounds can be frustrating. How far along were you supposed to be? With your beta I wouldn't expect to see much yet, just a sac. Hoping there is more growth and things look good next week! Keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's early and I'm hopeful. But it will be a long week...

    Come on baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the worst part of waiting...hoping, believing and pulling that all is well.

    One of our sitters is also pregnant (she happens to be an ultrasonographer for a perinatologist). And, even when she finally had a beta that came back 35,000 they could only see a gestastional sac, yolk sac, but no fetal pole. It was an agonizing time for her, knowing what she does for a living, but she's 10 weeks now and all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Urgh I HATE these early USs. THE WORST.
    Hang in there. Crossing fingers and toes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Come on baby, your mommy needs you (and she is amazing, you will find that out soon enough)! Hang in there, hope next week will bring good news.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoping for many good things next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. One sac...yea!

    I think that's really about all you could expect to see at this point. My crossables are still crossed that next week will show an amazing little heat beat. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh, the unknown is the worst, especially after those early ultrasounds. So many prayers for a very reassuring check in a week

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate the moments where you don't know what's going on and have to WAIT. Terrible. Lots of positive, magic thoughts coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sending love and support to you (hugs) onestepatatime.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stopping by from ICLW... sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Less than 48 hrs to go now and I'm hopeful that positive news will come from your scan.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi from ICLW! I'll be stopping by agIn to see if you get good news! Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stopping by from ICLW. What a roller coaster journey you have had over the years. Sending good vibes your way for this pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.