Skip to main content

Beta and Other Bits

I had a blood draw on Thursday, and the results were out yesterday. It's a soothing 1004. Yup.

I had a telephonic conversation with someone in the lab, and she conveyed the number to me. Later, when I picked up the report, the guy on the counter took a few extra seconds to "find" and print my report, which gave me enough time to get a nervous twinge.

- - - -

Still nothing significant to report on symptoms front. I did feel a little queasy last night (though I wonder if it is psychological?). I have been feeling slightly drowsy during the day too, but until the discovery of this week, I felt my lazy stupor was a brought-on of the summer.

Historically, I have had night nausea rather than morning sickness in both the pregnancies, so this is nothing out of the line for me.

My stomach's turned sensitive. Certain things are doing a number on my bowels. 

- - - -

I am trying to stay calm and more composed. It's a transformation that happened on its own. 

- - - - 

Figzy is already saying Hello to the baby, and rubbing my belly on request. I am not sure if she registers it, because she keeps asking about the small baby and I have to tell her that the baby is still in my belly.

- - - -

I started my breathing exercises, that I was doing in my second pregnancy. Now to only buy Omega-3 supplements and walnuts...


Comments

  1. What a wonderful number! How far along are you?

    Just keep taking it one day at a time, breathe, and be kind to yourself. That is all you can do. Many hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1004 is a very soothing number indeed. So, so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh!!! I'm so happy for you. Crossing fingers and everything else for a smooth 9 months. I'm reading everything you write, even though I haven't commented in ages. Thinking about you often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great beta!! Yes, breathing is what you need to do, big hugs and smooth sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How the what did I miss THIS particular news?!!? Congratulations, my dear! I hope everything goes perfect and smooth and that you get to have the easiest and most enjoyable pregnancy the worldhas ever known. (Mental note: change the reader, Mina, just. Change). And yes, do get back into the breathing exercise routine, I remember it helped you last time you mentioned it. F is adorable. A handful alright, but adorable too. :-). I am so very happy for you! S very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again. Just did the math and ARE YOU SERIOUSLY PREGNANT AGAIN IN APRIL AND DUE IN JANUARY AGAIN?!? Honestly, what are the odds of that?! Hugs. Stay well. Take care. Breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Mina. That's what I thought too! But no, we're off a month.

    Good number and Figlia will make a great big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great number! So happy for you! Hope this pregnancy is smooth for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Congratulations! Very happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so happy that things are progressing smoothly for you thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just now catching up on the news!

    HUGE congrats! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not sure how far along you were when you posted this, but 1004 is solid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.