I caught up a full fifteen minutes of TV right before I went back to pick Figzy from the daycare yesterday evening. And fortunately I spent much of those minutes in catching a movie - Julie & Julia. There are two scenes that I especially love in the movie - one when Julie has a meltdown because she can't truss the chicken, and the other scene that secretly flutters my heart's window curtains is the one where Julia reads a letter from her sister Dorothy who is writing to inform that she is expecting. That moment is so powerful.
Meryl Streep is amazing. The husband's immediate move to comfort his wife is amazing. The silent acknowledgement of someone's worst pain, is so beautiful. And I was fortunate that I caught both the scenes in those scanty 15 minutes.
My brother is going to be first-time Dad this year. I am extremely happy for him and his wife. They had been trying for a year before my SIL conceived. I have/had been very curious to see how this TTC would pan out for them, or whether they would have to be tonged the same way I was.
They weren't tonged. I am happy for them. I am also relieved that I have Figzy. Her presence is the single most important reason why I am unbridled happy and not hiding a turning knife inside me.
(I have just admitted to you what I will never tell my mum.)
Apparently, I am very capable of living up to base traits.
Did Blogger just eat my comment?
ReplyDeleteYes. Yes it did. :(
DeleteI'm glad you're in a place where you can be happy for your brother. Much luck to him and your SIL.
We all have the capability of living up to the base traits...
I too think we all have that capability of living up to the base traits, not all in the same respects, but we all do have it, and most probably use it more often than we'd like to admit.
ReplyDeleteWhen I hear pregnancy announcements these days, I try to focus hard on the hard parts that those parents-to-be have no idea lie ahead of them, like sleep deprivation, and be glad for them, and try even harder, with even less success, to forget the wonderfulness of being pregnant, and feeling new life, and giving birth and having a newborn be your entire world and have the rest of the world dissappear just by looking into their eyes. I am doing a fine good job of that, aren't I? And I already have my two living children with me. I am selfish and glutton. Most probably too old to change by now though...