Skip to main content

Blogger Woes

I have been having multiple issues with Blogspot for almost two months now. 

I access the website from my laptop and it was working fine, till I wrote that "Cone of Silence" post. Since then, I can sign into gmail, but it always says "The webpage is not available" when I attempt to sign into blogger account. 

I have tried fiddling with the settings, changing browsers, uninstalling and re-installing Chrome but the situation has not changed. If I directly feed my blog URL into the browser, it loads my blog, but the blog does not display correctly. I can visit other blogspot hosted blogs, but cannot leave a comment on any of them. It gets mad when I specifically want to leave a comment and can't get through.

I have been posting from a fairly public setting since then. I find a quiet time spot in the computer lab and post my thoughts. If you have noticed, the font on every post for the last few posts is different. I rarely preview what has been posted, and I only see it when it shows in my feed reader. And I do not access any other blogs from there.

I contacted the network administrator, but I do not want to lead him to my blog. Blogger is not a blocked website in our office unlike some other hugely attractive time suckers and so whatever is happening is some technical thing specifically happening to my laptop.

I have been very recently considering migrating to wordpress. I have three major problems:
1. I can't sign in and post on my blog from my own laptop because blogger does not load.
2. My blog does not display correctly on my laptop.
3. Cannot leave comments on any other blogspot blog.

And going to wordpress would solve 2 out of 3 problems that I have. 

What do I do? 

The other thing I have been thinking is the creation of a dummy blog on another gmail account I have, and then showing that to my network administrator for solution. This way I can not reveal my actual blog, and if the problem solves there, it will be solved for every other account, right? (But blogger won't load for this account either.)

Comments

  1. Blogspot has been my personal enemy and loather eversince I got the tablet. Am perfectly fine with that (lie) so far I can still post some comments (am persistent to the point of annoying even blogapot to let me upload comments).
    I have no ad- or assvice as regards your problem. I would love it if you moved to wp, that way I could follow you on my wp reader, which would be easier for me. Selfish, you say. Yes,that would be the appropriate word for this particular circumstance. Otherwise, I am a saint. Honest. i am. :-)

    Happy new Year! Gotta go to sleep now though. May 2014 be kind and nice to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. That sounds like a pain and I'm fairly clueless about how to fix. Although the idea of a dummy blog sounds like a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Around here, we seem to have a problem with Chrome and Windows 8 compatibility. Obviously, I haven't tried to access my blogspot blog lately, so I don't know if I have any problems. Maybe it has to do with all of your Google accounts merging into one unlovely place where they know everything about you. When I access, I sign in to gmail, then have to hunt down blogger to get to post anything (by other Google Services, I think it's called). Anyway, not a huge Google fan, but I don't care for Wordpress either! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.