I was cleaning a folder on my laptop yesterday, when I decided to retain a couple of pictures in it. One is of L. The other one is of Figlia from the night she was released to us from the NICU, when I still had a head rush only from the fact that I had a kid and the kid was in my arms. She appears quiet, new-born kind, nestled in the nook of my left hand. Her lips look really red, and her eyes are closed.
L and Figzy look very different to me, but they definitely look sisters.
And there is something beautiful in that picture of Figzy where only she and my arm, and the print on my gown are showing. I never saw L's eyes open. She never came into my arms, and it seems that Figlia with her closed eyes and quiet rest in my arms is such an anti-thesis to the lonely pictures of my other child.
The truth is that never before yesterday had I registered the fact that I was attracted to this pic of Figlia and maybe the fact that her eyes were closed was something I noticed beyond plain observation.
Love the noticing.
ReplyDeleteSometimes it takes a while to see certain things. Especially since we don't always see with just our eyes, but with our minds and what they want to see as well.
ReplyDeleteIt's good that there's a resemblance. When you tell Figzy about her sister, that will help her connect...
ReplyDelete