Figlia has found her voice. She tests it with -
a) shrieking
b) screaming
c) shrieking
She could just stand in the middle of the room, and test it out. It was funny a couple of times, but today DH told her that it was not a good thing. Well, she responded by shrieking about 30 minutes after the thought was transmitted to her in adult language.
- - - -
It is amazing to watch her trace her path to the neighbourhood's daily needs shop. The park is close by and she just takes off, enters the place and points at their refrigerator. But she has learnt the way. She locates that place. Awesome!
- - - -
Diarrhoea still persists. She has responded well to a particular medication, but as I experienced recently, if I withdraw the medicine, the frequency increases.
- - - -
I let Figlia play as she would like in the park - which includes her playing and rolling and beating the dust and raising clouds, but not mud. (Figlia takes a bath every single day after she is back from the park).
So yesterday evening, I was letting her do whatever she wanted (in case you remember, I am also holding back my 'Nos' for only stuff that can hurt her.), but I was trying to keep her away from an area that had been generously watered by the gardener.
Figlia was determined to enter that specific area, and all I did was to repeatedly lift her and place her away from that corner of the park. This went on for a while. A granny commented - "I only have to yell once and X stops his antics." I guess I have already lost the iron fist tactics with Figlia in Round One.
All I said was - 'Good for you, Mrs Peenman'.
P.S. She isn't actually Mrs. Peenman.
Gwen has recently taken up shrieking in short, sharp, piercing shrieks...while we're on the bus. Telling her no just gets a big grin and more shrieks. I'm not really sure what to do about it other than cover her mouth and try to distract her.
ReplyDeleteOh the joys of shrieking. V gets in those moods every once in awhile still. And he definitely doesn't listen when I tell him to stop trying to get into something. I think you're doing good, just keep redirecting :)
ReplyDeleteEveryone has an opinion on how you should be parenting. I like your response.
ReplyDeleteYes, as if yelling is the solution.... Great response you gave her.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Figlia treated DH to some charming behavior - sometimes Dads think that Moms are just too soft and the child just needs some stern discussion. And then the child goes ahead and does whatever she wants anyway. Then Mom can sit back and laugh...
ReplyDeleteIt's always entertaining when other people try to tell you how to make your child behave. I am always tempted to invite them to try out their theories and see how far they get!
good for YOU I say.
ReplyDelete