We wrapped up a trip out of town this Saturday.
Figlia survived it in mixed-bag way, and my fate is tied to hers. Our train trip to the destination was fun for the first 20 minutes. After that, my daughter wanted to chart the whole vehicle, say hello to strangers, and take the long-distance call of nature. My companions had to be told to please help with the diaper change, because well, I am not as capable as I look.
Her sleeping was off normal, and my daughter slept through half the birthday party, and cake-cutting. However, the night sleeping was fantastic. She slept 11 pm - 7 am straight. She was so excited that you couldn't drag her to the bed and keep her there.
On the last night, my daughter put her cheek on the resting birthday girl's cheek, and kissed her nose. So beautiful.
The train trip back was dreadful.
- - -
M K Gandhi said that an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. I used to take that sentence literally, and only applied to matters of world peace.
That line played out in our family. The fissures that run inside a family are felt only by those who are in it.
Can't say more but I have been unable to digest well what we, and hence I found out last week.
Hallelujah, grumpy face.
- - -
The problem with foul mood is that foul mood is felt by everyone around a person. Even if the person does not mean to vent at the person dealing with the sourface. I was the sourface, and DH is upset about how I am today morning. Well, all thanks for the love I have felt for a couple of days really.
- - -
I wish to close my ears to gossip.
- - -
Is there a way to chuck out a block of thoughts sitting on the mind's driveway, to become thick-skinned or atleast shameless?
I don't think so. I've been trying for a long time to be more thick skinned. My mom says I've just become abrupt but I don't think so. I think that's because she and I are very much alike so I choose to deal with her as she does me when she is mad. An eye for an eye as you might say. I'm around if you want to chat about anything. I too am not digesting things well lately.
ReplyDeleteDistraction? Or considering the block of thoughts very carefully, divorced from emotion, and deciding whether they're worth carrying around?
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear Figlia is not the worst traveler ever - but I hope future journeys are more relaxed. My girl never sleeps the first night away. It's incredible annoying, because I know she's always exhausted. However, by the second night, she drops right off.
You've got a lot on your plate. I hope you reach the solution that works best for you soon and effortless. And I wish you some restful nights, sleep always helps, I hear.
ReplyDeleteIf you discover a way to thicken your skin please let us know! Good luck dealing with the issues you are now dealing with in your extended family.
ReplyDeleteAs supportive and kind as husbands can be, they are definitely not understanding when it comes to us having to deal with foul moods--I get a foul mood often because of work and my husband always gets his feelings hurt because he thinks I am taking it out on him, even if I am not.