Skip to main content

Giant Leap

Figlia spoke her first phrase couple of days back. It was two words short of a full sentence. Everyone (my parents are visiting us) was astounded. She has not really repeated the whole thing again, but she is crazy with her vocab now.

She has stopped resisting her sandals. She has understood that sandals = going out. And well nowadays, our index finger permanently points outward. She still fiddles with the sandal straps, but she no longer pulls them in round one. 

We are still not convinced about brushin' the teeth though. 

Her eating is better, her mood is not. She is very irritable lately. Anything and everything sets her off. Teething is definitely one of the culprits, plus she had another round of immunization on last Saturday.  

Figlia climbs stairs like a champion, but she is not good at getting down the stairs. Specifically, she mimics the  posture and stance of an adult. You know, just me on my two feet, no holding the railing, just one foot after the next, that kind of climbing down. And her skills do not match her willingness yet. On Sunday, she followed me out of the house and stumbled on the stairs. I caught her only at the landing and she had bust through seven steps.

Comments

  1. Isn't it fascinating to watch them develop? Figlia sounds like a bright and beautiful spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah!!!! We employed the "On your butt!" strategy for the stairs, but it sounds like your determined little Figlia wants to do it the grown-up way. However, maybe a tumble will have made her more cautious?

    Sentences, already? It's so fun to teach them new words...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Figlia sounds like she has an intrepid spirit...just like her mommy. How wonderful that she is showing such growth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow about the phrase! Leaps and bounds :)

    V climbs the stairs like a champ, but he also thinks he needs to "walk" down them like us... but, obviously being shorter with tiny legs, that does not work! He climbs down the couch alright now, but can't seem to apply the same concept to the stairs. Needless to say, he's never unattended around stairs. It's definitely challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Language acquisition is an amazing thing to observe.

    What language(s) are you speaking to Figlia in?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.