Skip to main content

Roses on my Mind*

Shifted to watching memorial videos after watching birthing videos on Youtube last night. 

- - - 

A colleague shared her pregnancy news with me, and for about three weeks, I was the only one in the office who knew. 

She keeps pinging me for advice, or to share news on some appointment, and in general. She is pretty pleasant to talk to, and I chat up with her occasionally.

We were on the phone yesterday, when I said:

"In both my pregnancies, ......."

I do not think the struggled interruption of a nanosecond between 'both of my pregnancies' and "....." was perceptible to her. 

(She knows I am raising the baby I gave birth to last year. Even though we have never spoken of my history, I believe enough in the power of the grapevine to be sure that she knows I lost my first child. )

But I was suddenly worried if my sharing my-first-pregnancy-anything would overshadow her too. I know it sounds very irrational, but I was worried if I was jinxing her by making any references to when I was pregnant with Lol@. 

- - -

I counselled a woman about some fertility issue last year. 

The reason why my colleague shared her exciting news with me was because she was making a water-cooler conversation over something fertility, and I had added something to the discussion. She later took up the thing with me separately. And when in January she conceived, I was one of the first to know. 

And then last night, DH asked me I would speak to this young woman in his office. She is desperate to conceive, and is so far unsuccessful. 



* Perhaps, you will remember why Roses are on my mind.

Comments

  1. aw, don't worry about that, i'm sure you didn't jinx her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lacking in sleep, so you'll have to explain the roses reference.

    It's good that some good can come of your experiences - sharing them can not be a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.