Skip to main content

Walk

Almost every evening after Figlia is back from the daycare, I take her out in the neighbourhood (weather permitting). The good thing about walking with the baby again and again in the same environs is that people tend to stop by, recognize her, and children stop playing to go marvel at her or touch her cheeks. 

There is a pleasant woman that I occasionally cross paths with. Her daughter is several years older than Figzy. So, she was also walking and she kind of joined us*. Over the conversation that we were into, the issue of second child** came up, and well, with that I ended up sharing my entire Infertility/TTC bio with. We began talking at the base of the steps to her apartment, and by the time we had completed one round of the block, my entire history had been told.

It's amazing to be able to squeeze several years of happenings in a walk not worthy of more than ten minutes. I also found it pretty easy to share it in toto and without a tinge of any mood westerlies, simply because the outcome of every single thing that I underwent was in my arms. 

It would not have been easy for me to describe this, had I still been on the winter side of IF. It would not have been easy for me to verbalize it had I been on the trough side of neonatal loss. 

The lightness that pervades me after the battle, is because of Figlia.


* - I do not like to walk in groups, and I do not actively join one. 
** - Fodder for another post

Comments

  1. You have such a talent to leave me speechless with the images your poetic language evokes. Also, I need to make a conscious effort to breathe after this post. You do this time and time again... I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you that Figlia is allowing you to feel this lightness, despite the preceding darkness, and that you were able to share your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful that she gives you that lightness. I think the ability to talk about your struggles to get her here is a very important part of attaining peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tone lately. The lightness that you mention? I can definitely feel it. It makes me happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.