Skip to main content

Whoa!

I no longer post assvice-y stuff that enters my ears. Unless.

Two children at Figlia's daycare are special. One of them has Down's Syndrome. That boy's mum and I sometimes pick our wards from the daycare at the same time. 

On Friday evening, when I was taking Figlia in my arms from those of a helper there, this mum was standing right next to me wiping the kid's nose. And looking at Figlia she commented something about how Figlia's nose was not as sharp or pointed as me, and 'if I would have massaged her nose bridge when she was younger....'. Really? 

I was momentarily taken aback and I just said that I think Figlia's nose is fine. 

When she went away, I realized that I was still feeling very irritated. And I wondered that I could be pretty vicious in my snap-back at her if I thought of it. 

Shouldn't she use her grey matter before passing comments on other people's kids? Does her own position and progeny not strike her reference when she thinks of rallying at someone else? Could she have handled it? Does she not see how easy would it be to hurt her back? What if I ask if Down Syndrome was heredity in her family?

I know I am being horrible thinking of those things...and I never will ask her any of those evil things that cropped up in my mind. But I wish she wouldn't have said it. 


Comments

  1. Whaaaaat? Really? Do you think maybe you were extremely drunk or having a psychotic episode or something? Or are things just really different where you live? Because here, I'm pretty sure anyone who insulted the shape of my child's nose would suddenly find themself getting their nose rearranged. Wow. Amazing. Unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a really odd and very rude comment! I probably would have snapped back something nasty myself, I am not always the best at holding my tongue unfortunately. Sorry you had to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very odd comment, one I havent heard yet but, the times have changed. Now people come up with such weird ideas that are the new normal. They probably see it on facebook, too you know, like do this or do that and everyone believes it so she probably heard someone told her about the massages and she just believed it's true. I don't freak out anymore. I just roll my eyes and continue my business. And then laugh. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My MIL said that to me about George's nose. I could not help to answer (irritated) back that it takes a while for children to change their features, especially the button noses made small like that so nursing can be done properly, which would't be the case with a Roman nose... Some people have NO filter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She was incredibly rude and you are not horrible for thinking the things you did. Thoughts and feelings are hard to control and they never come to light unless you act on them. You controlled your behavior. She did not.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.