Skip to main content

Giving and Seeking

I was approached by someone who is battling infertility, last week. I was trying to keep it real for her.

She curiously ran through the standard vocab that we here are pretty familiar with. My recounting of experience with her new dictionary made me go back in time.

My D&C was 2008. My laparoscopy was 2008. (2008? How distant is that?). 2008, I was already blogging. 2008, I was not any near to and not sure of how far off from progeny I was.

I felt relieved. I am done with all that. I can't live through more years of hanging by the hair.

Anyways, listening to her, I kind of told her to go to a proper consult. She shared her history with me.

She has PCOS, raised thyroid levels and irregular periods. That's all.

That's all? I told her, that I could see three red flags in her history. All of them, were either symptoms or causes of infertility.

But she stuck to adding the 'that's all' to her story. She still does not think that they are that big issues.

Anyways, I have asked her to get a proper work-up done, once and for all, and have a plan at hand. She is already in her 30s.

------

We visited a newborn recently - second kid of someone DH knows professionally+personally.

I asked the lady what she felt when she found out she was pregnant the second time around.

'Petrified.'

I was sort of running my mind on the prospect of another kid, and talking to the mum was fantastic. She was pretty expressive and open about their deal. It seems the daddy was more keen on baby #2 than the mum, and he was an only child, and wanted his kid to have a sibling. He said that the discomfort was temporary, and once the initial years are done, there is space for the parents, for themselves too.

It was wonderful speaking to them.

-----

Figlia cut her first tooth last week. The end of that crankiness was celebrated with the onslaught of fever and cold. (But like I said, she is on the mend already.)

Comments

  1. Teeth! Go, Figlia! The world is a much more fun place when you've got teeth to experience it with (or so I've gathered from watching Gwen).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice to seek proper care - but it would seem that your friend is not quite ready to listen. I hope she does seek the workup you recommended.

    It's good to have insight on a second child from someone who was not exactly enthusiastic.

    Watch out for those little teeth - they're awfully sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First tooth for Figlia! Wohoo! glad she is getting over her cold and fever. Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate to your comment of being done with all that. I hope though your friend seeks advice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.