Skip to main content

Yesterday Funny and Bummer. Pram. This is the title. Really.


Yesterday's funny was sponsored by a crying baby who managed to get awkward-positioned in her play gym followed by a lather-face mother running out of the shower to reposition the said crying baby.

- - -

I take a pic of her on 11th of every month. I forgot to take one yesterday. That's the second time in six months that I have forgotten to do it on time.

- - -

We went out for a walk yesterday*, but otherwise we had been holed up inside most evenings due to the rains before yesterday.

Figlia seems to have started disliking her pram. We could clock a 45 mins walk before, but now, 15 minutes in the pram, and she has a 'let me out' all-limbs-kick on. She does not enjoy being in it anymore. And while I can still haul her around for a while, I can't see myself doing it on a daily basis.

We were gifted a Motherc@re carrier, and dear daughter stayed in it for all of 15 minutes. While the pram lasted for a while, the carrier was rejected from the first moment itself. She would not stop her squirming till I got her out of it.

Same thing happens with toys...I tend to alternate and phase out her toys for a few days before re-introducing them, otherwise, she just gets bored and refuses to play with them.



* I carried her in my arms.

Comments

  1. Maybe try a different type of baby carrier? [I don't know the one you have, but there are plenty kinds of slings and 15 minutes is really not a lot to be on a sling (especially as you mention that you do carry her in your arms)]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless he slept, George also did not like the carrier. Ditto the pram, the basinet. When we switched to the seat, he was more amused. After 14-15 months, he started fighting staying in the stroller with all his might. We use it very seldom now.
    We still have to find out what Stvie likes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the stroller one where she is lying down flat or is she sitting up so she can see? They quickly hated the lying flat and looking at the sky, and we're happier when th move to their regular seats. The stroller is my bestfriend, yes they cried and fussed and screamed at different points, I would simply tell them that they are fine, they can sleep if they are tired, but they aren't getting out. Best thing I ever did, because they got over it and now happily get into the stroller every day when I run(I have tried walking wiht my neighbour but she would fuss on demand when the child fussed in the stroller and he's trained to cry if he wants out of the stroller.

    Of course my advice is based on my need to get out everyday wiht the stroller, it's my little slice of me time. And the fax that theyre twins soi would simply yell them "mama can't carry you and push the stroller, your fine. Enjoy the sights".

    ReplyDelete
  4. As others have said - if she's not sitting up in the pram, try it that way, so she can look around. My girl was agreeable enough most of the time to sit in the stroller while I was outside doing yardwork...

    Next time, I recommend rinsing your face before running to the rescue... That was the benefit of the bouncy seat - I'd put my girl in that while I was in the shower. But eventually, she outgrew that and things got difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine started out disliking the stroller, I assume because he was so tiny that he wasn't comfortable in it. But I can picture the "let me out now" face, we still get it sometimes!

    I take baby for walks but make shorter circles in the neighborhood so I can take him out and run home if he starts screaming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.