I talked of giving lentil soup to Figlia last week. I gave five teaspoonfuls of it on two evenings, that's it. I found that Figlia began pooping like crazy. She went up from 1-2 a day to five times a day. And no, it was not diarrhoea.
I did not give her any beyond those two evenings, and I am going to sit out this week too.
Maybe next week, with tiny proportions, we can start again.
Starting solid food is my least favorite time. Both my boys were a nightmare. They were both exclusively breastfed until 6 months and the first took till well over a year to get the hang of it. My second turned out to have food allergies and life became truly awful when he started to eat.
ReplyDeleteI with you better luck.
beans do that even to grownups :)
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing like new food to interfere with the pooping cycle. We started our girl on cereal, and oh, the constipation! It was awful.
ReplyDeleteYou'll get it figured out.
(Also, you can harass me as much as you like, but I have nothing to blog about [or more accurately, nothing I can blog about]) :)
For some reason, whenever I've given my kids beans or lentils, they poop like crazy too.
ReplyDeleteWe only just started trying solids with V, but he's not quite ready. It definitely does upset his tummy too.
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of my friend's baby boy, who only took spoon-fed foods for a few days, and then refused anything but breastmilk or foods he could feed himself. They told me the diapers in that first week were quite, um, amazing.
ReplyDelete