Can I just say a squishy hug thank you for your comments on my previous post?
The whole dilemma exudes from the fact that I want to work too and I want to be there for Figlia too.
No, I can't settle for lower hours. The only thing I can negotiate is possibly less additional assignments (a norm at my workplace) and immunity from long meetings (another norm at my workplace; and they happen after-work).
I understand fully the socialization aspect. I saw positive results in a kid that was kept in the creche, so I know.
DH has already seen the place. Today evening, I too will be visiting the place, and working for a July placement for Figlia.
From what I understand, most of the kids at the creche are 12 months plus. So, I am anxious about the fact that Figlia would be one of the very few under-one year olds there.
You'd be anxious no matter what the circumstances. Luckily there is a solution for everything, and Figzy will do just swell.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything works out the way you hope and the way it is best for you all.
So tricky. I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work. I think this kind of balancing is the hardest part in life. Especially when you often have very limited choices.
ReplyDeleteIf she's the only baby, everyone will be on her at all times. Everybody loves babies. She won't suffer from lack of attention. :)
ReplyDeleteIt'll be OK - and if you don't have to take the extra assignments and meetings, it will probably be quite different than you remember.
I hope the place is great! I know this is a tough transition, but I'm sure you'll tackle it and Figlia will be fine.
ReplyDeletei think it's good that there's not many under 12 months, it makes me think she will get more attention.
ReplyDeleteYou'll always be able to find something that will make you anxious about it!
ReplyDeleteStella is the only "baby" at her daycare. She is 6mo now, and started there at 8w (so tiny). The other 3-4 kids are all 18mo-3yr old. It's nice actually, b/c the daycare provider spends lots of time holding Stells and interacting with her and the other kids love being helpful.
I agree with Katery, she'll get all the extra spoiling :-)
ReplyDeleteDo what's right for you guys, don't question yourself, you are the only one who knows what's right for your family
!