Skip to main content

Sleep Baby Sleep

We are on a crying streak lately, exclusively related to our sleeping efforts lately.

Figlia is not a crier, btw. If she is crying, there is some reason, and her Einstein mum has to figure out what is the source of the anguish.

But the crying makes me nervous. I approach every last round of the night with trepidation, anticipating the crying.

Wednesday night it was colic. Figlia is not a colicky baby either. But she does get down with it on rare occasions.

Wednesday, we used a home remedy and a car drive for her to come to peace again. She fell asleep while coming back from the around-the-block ride, and remained so when I put her down.

Last night, she had her last feed (formula), and then I got her ready for bed after burping her. She remained quiet, and got fidgety again, with very little sign of sleep. I tried to nurse her. She would not take it.

We carried her to the sofa, with us, and there she was babbling, and then she began crying.

Tricks, distractions failed till hubby picked her up. She spewed out curdled milk.

A little later, I took her to bed...she nursed and fell asleep. It was 2130 then.


....that's not all for yesterday....

At 2230, I made my way to the bedroom to call it a night.

Figlia was on her tummy, flailing her arms and crying. She had been on her back when she fell asleep.

Either by purpose or unintentionally, she had rolled from back to belly!

I straightened her up, nursed her, and put her to sleep again.


.... that's not all for yesterday ....

We went out in the evening. We chose a time most comfortable for Figzy, and we were back by 2015. I was glad to not be rushing home with an upset baby in tow.

That was such a win!


Comments

  1. Poor Figzy - an upset tummy and then a surprising roll-over! She must have been quite disoriented after such a rough day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a similar experience tonight with sleep, or lack thereof. Sometimes it's just a bad stars alignment, what can I say. Good thing it passes though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm... maybe she's teething?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.