I made coffee for myself yesterday afternoon.
It is my first guilt-free coffee since June 2010. One morning two years back , I celebrated with cold coffee the fact that this would be my last coffee in a while.
Since then, I have had coffee a few times, but it was never guilt-free. After losing CBub, I went to this place to get a frappé I like. And that was revenge coffee.
It's just coffee.
But since that morning of June two years back, it was only yesterday's coffee that was not attached to guilt or compensatory overtones.
Glad to hear you enjoyed some guilt free coffee. I bet it feels great.
ReplyDeleteSo jealous. If I had any it would be full of guilt. I don't drink coffee without a lot of cream and sugar and unfortunately I don't think I'd much care for coffee that tasted like coconut. Since I only use rice or coconut milk now thanks to the dairy allergy, it's tea for me (which I will drink without milk). How I crave coffee though!!! And cheese. And ice cream. Ok, I'm done. Enjoy your coffee and one for me too!
ReplyDeleteTimothy hates it when I drink real, espresso-based coffee, even if it's decaf - I guess it really affects the milk's taste. So I drink Taster's Choice in the mornings... which is not really coffee, as far as my European palate is concerned :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on finally having a guilt-free coffee!!!
Yay for guilt free coffee!
ReplyDeleteIt's an interesting dynamic of dealing with IF... how our consumption of things that most people take for granted can induce fear and/or guilt. I realized recently that this time next year I won't have to suffer with my seasonal allergies unmedicated, as I have for the past four years. I'll be able to get through lilac season without runny eyes! Yay!
Hurray for anything guilt-free!
ReplyDeleteI miss guilt-free coffee... that's about the only good thing out of my bad news today - a coffee tomorrow morning :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteAh, coffee one of life's pleasures, enjoy :-)
ReplyDeleteGuilt free takes coffee to a whole new level!!
ReplyDeleteGuilt-free anything is good. :) (prepare yourself for a barrage of comments--I let it get to an embarrassing level this time)
ReplyDelete