Skip to main content

Tweaked by Pregnancy

- All the things I did not like much during pregnancy are back on my food list for e.g. capsicum.

- I haz a sweet tooth. Well, I always liked sweets, but I could never say that I had a sweet tooth. I had a chocolate toothie, but not this.

- I lost weight and sometime in March I was just two kgs over my pre-pregnancy weight, and then rather than falling any further my weight seemed to increase. Joy muchos? I haven't stood on the weighing scale, but I feel heavier. And on Wednesday, I was four steps close to a scale, and still did not stand on it. Yeeeouch.

- I am not going to worry about my weight more than twice a day. Once when I see myself in the mirror and then when I undress. Cool, huh?

- I still don't feel like wearing any perfumes. Incense from my mother's incense sticks sometimes seems to curl and sit on my nostrils. 

- I got fresh stretch marks this time, but they are localized at those very spots as where I developed the stretch marks from the previous pregnancy. It's a belt on my lower abdomen...

- Surprisingly, I noticed that my lower abdomen still felt sore to touch. I am very sure it was the same last time as well, but I had not paid much attention to it last time. And then I conceived. The soreness increased during the end of the pregnancy, and now it is just the same as is expected after a C-section.

- My spotting continues - very light but definitely there. That would be from last Monday till date.

Comments

  1. Stupid spotting...
    The others are badges of war, aren't they? Even the extra kilos. You will take care of them when you have time. Now your time is spoken for. Entirely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog... sorry that it's taken so long to get back to you. Congratulations on your pregnancy... wonderful news :) Hope the spotting stops soon... thinking of you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mina is right...except for the damned spotting, they are all badges of honor.

    It has always amazed me how many permanent changes happen to our body because of pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mina is so smart!

    The sweet tooth may be related to breastfeeding, though. I was crazy for sugar (I normally am anyway, but it got outrageous) while nursing, and when I stopped, the sweet tooth calmed down to normal levels. It makes sense because they say that breastmilk is sweet, and it requires plenty of energy to produce it - both of which require sugars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i also developed a perfume aversion for some reason...
    and sweet tooth? i crave sweets like crazy!!
    and i also don't care much about weight - for now, at least

    ReplyDelete
  6. My lower abdomen is still wonky from my 2 CS. It is kind of numb. For the most part I don't notice it but occasionally it bothers me. The stretch marks I have are my own fault so I can't blame them on pregnancy but I will never wear a bikini. I kind of have jowls of a dog like Kate Gosslin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the spotting goes away soon :( And the tender belly, although I'm sure the spotting is much more annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what is it about incense? that stuff sticks in my nose FOREVER. i do not care for it. sorry about the spotting, i hope it clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the weight. I lost quite a lot of weight after birth but unfortunately that did not last long. I try not to weigh myself but then the nurse (in one of those check-ups leading to T42. urg, if only I could get started) had me weighed.
    I also don't have mirrors in my house (except for one small one above the bathroom sink. Except in an attempt to get Butterfly to brush her teeth it was moved to really just above the sink, where even short me can't see..) so imagine my horror when I went to buy a bra and had those mirrors staring at me in the changing room, undressed and all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so so sorry... I was trying to catch-up on blogs late at night on my little phone and misread your post :( Congratulations on the arrival of your daughter :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATS!!!

    Perusing your blog via ICLW (#86)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to read this more than once to verify that, no, you are not currently expecting. I see I was not the only one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.