Skip to main content

Sleep And Well, Other Stuff Thrown In

I never wrote a follow-up post to Sleep Improvement, though I always meant to. I told you how the gaps were being bridged on Figlia's end, but the truth is that life is improving on my end too.

I have realized that napping as soon as she is sleeping does not work for me at all. I nap when I want to, anytime during her afternoon sleep, but I can't just lie down. I would be too restless and fidgety to pull it off. So I head to bed when I get sufficiently drowsy, and sometimes she wakes up just by my movements, but then we do go back to sleep often, and I take my dutiful rest.

And if she does not go back to nap in the afternoon when I hit the bed, I just make sure that I manage to lie down a bit and attempt to keep her sated for a while. If I can pull it off for 30 minutes, I am a hero.

Figlia continues to throw curveballs at me. But I have become better at handling them. I have become comfortable waking with her often at night. But she goes back to sleep again, and that is what I root on everytime.

Till.

Till she woke up at 6 o'clock, and then cuckooed some for an hour, kicked me constantly (I was lying beside her) and denied milk. Then she cut her afternoon nap by a good two hours, and then cried a ton before she fell asleep for the night.

Those days still fall by.

For the rest of the days, I am ready to wake up. I feel more acclimatized to it now.

And I will also let you onto a secret. I don't have much work to do around here. My mum and the domestic help take care of much of the housework. Currently, I only have to see Figlia's needs met, and I perceive that my life will get more woven only with landing at UsualCity, and the house's responsibility falling on my shoulders.

Hubby has been missing Figlia and me terribly, and the truth is that I can't wait to go back. Well, there's a date finally! End of this month should see us going back to UsualCity, and to a new home.

The house-hunting has turned crazy. Whatever fits our likeability scale is very expensive...we are just trying to tip-toe the budget versus liking-the-house see-saw. And the fact is that budget is currently the bigger criteria...if a decision has to be made, it will be the deciding factor, for now.

One thing that has become a constant with us, is that Figlia hates to be pulled out of her bath. She loves water! She loves to bathe. And we cry everyday when our favourite activity is curtailed. She actually gets very angry, goes red in the face and cries! Sometimes milk soothes her, sometimes it does not. It is very difficult to distract her on this.

And I have begin to realize another thing in her personality...she likes what she likes, and is very assertive about her likes. She does not get distracted from things she loves to do.

Comments

  1. So glad you have help! It's always a huge learning curve, and you are adapting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what personalities they have when they're so little - you don't expect them to have particular likes and dislikes. They don't know anything of the world yet - how can they have preferences?!

    I hope you can find a place that has the right feel and falls within your budget, but hurray for going home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "she cut her afternoon nap by a good two hours"
    wow! how often does she nap?
    Timothy sleeps between each feeding but usually for 20-30 minutes (longer if i hold him)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww about the bath time. Also, glad you have a date for returning!

    We have a "schedule" but sometimes we have odd wakings and get thrown curve balls. It happens, but we've been fortunate that it usually goes back to our "schedule". I think there will always be curve balls. I am glad that things are evening out for you though, getting into some consistency anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curve-ball days seem to occur with frequency for adults (or at least for me) so I guess that Figlia is entitled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a learning process for both of you. And isn't it amazing how they have likes and dislike from the start? And hooray for going home! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to hear your moving back soon!
    she cute how she doesn't like to get out of the bath, and i like how she knows what she likes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for being reunited with hubby soon! And oh the curveballs. Just when you get one thing figured out, something else changes. I'm glad you're figuring things out together and things are improving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.