Skip to main content

Bloggy Bizz Whizz - 2

And there is another thing I noticed on the Bloggy Island.

Our old addresses are being snapped up by these 'people/profiles' and I find several, as in several blogs (all empty, no posts) listed under those fictitious profile names.

For e.g. there once was a popular blog - I Can Haz Bebe...I think the blogger discontinued blogging. And sure, the new blog with the same address is here.

And oh, I made the shocking discovery not with her blog, but by the fact that THERE IS in fact a blog now which has my previous-abode address. (You may remember that one, I am not linking to it).

And the profiler added one post with the blogname, and some of my old commenters have actually left messages underneath. Hmmm...whoa?

Comments

  1. Wow, thats... like, kind of creepy...

    Thank you so much, by the way, for your thoughtful engagement with the stuff I've been posting recently. I love hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blogger formerly known as I Can Haz Bebe is still blogging. Well...at least I've been keeping up with her on Facebook regularly, as most of her "story" continued there when she had to go much more private with her adoption process due to agency requirements. If you want to know where you can find her, just let me know! Lots of the the "old crew" that was following her when she was still at the old blog address you linked follows and supports her there. It's rather creepy that someone has set up shop with her old address.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That happens a lot. I read somewhere that if you have your own domain and you don't pay your renewal on time, there are spammer companies that will buy up the name immediately in the hopes of selling it back to you for a huge profit. It's a very weird system...

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH - it totally sucks when the spammers pick up the old URLs. If you haven't unsubscribed from their blogs before it happens, they can someone maliciously FORCE you to keep resubscribing to them. This happened to me with my family blog, and now my family members keep getting spam shit sent to them from the URL i used to blog at. I've contacted blogger about it, and there's nothing they can do b/c the new spam ppl have legally obtained your old URL. If you ever switch your address again, KEEP your old URL and just delete everything in it / don't link it to your profile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've come across this in other arenas online, but not in the bloggy world. I've actually seen old church websites turned into p.o.rn sites. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weird. There is a blog I read, she rarely posts and has moved to a new domain. Somehow I get now updates from her and from another new blogger on her old domain but both appear in my reader under the same update (so I can't erase one without the other..)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As others have said, this is very creepy. Yeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is sort of creepy. I found another blog called battynurse. She is actually a nurse though and does blog some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. O.o Oi! I've never looked to see if there was anyone else with any of my names. I imagine there could be, but I'm unsure if I want to remain ignorant about this or know what crazy stuff might be out there… :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so very strange. I read I Can Haz Bebe, too, and haven't been to that site in a long time. And you're old space - so strange that someone scooped it up but didn't do anything with it!! Creepy . . .

    I completely understand having to say good-bye to the home you thought you would raise your children in. I've found (repeatedly) that the future doesn't ever play out like I pictured it. I wonder why I still bother!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.