This is about She...someone in the family. I generally like She, except that I had forgotten her potential for bull crap. What I remember is that her kid was on Lac.togen from almost day one. So, I was having some lactation related conversation and this is what she told me:
".... and kiddy arrived four days before the due date, and so my milk came only five days after the due date. Also, I am very thin, so the milk dried a month after it came, so I had to go onto Lacto.gen...."
Puhleeeease!
Which brings me to how I am. The same attitude that I had about sharing my infertility struggles, is what has kind of spontaneously extended to my lactation/baby's weight issues.
As experience taught me, talking freely about my cycles did not offer more than gossip value to most people around me. I see the same happening for lactation as well. I want to save myself the 'judging'.
Even though I can always quote the fact that my doc made me do it, there will be some of the inward smugs that will always shrug it off. So there it goes - nothing till nothing is visible to the outside world.
And you know, obviously because my kiddy arrived three weeks before her due date, and my milk came two days after the due date, my milk.....
Don't you just love those people? The ones who feel the need to one up you at every turn?
ReplyDeleteI think your attitude is best. Just try to let it roll off if you can, and don't give them further ammo.
UGH. Hang in there and try not to kill her!
ReplyDeleteMo
The smug, try not to beat her. And I hate to break it to you but most mommy groups all full of ese people, I refer to them as"my vagina rocks freaks", they like to rant about how fantastic they are because they stuck to their birth plans! They got knocked up on their honeymoon! Their babies slept throguh the night from day one! Their kids speak two languages at age 1! Diaper trained by 18months! Harvard bound!
ReplyDeletePuke.
Sorry for laughing, but HAHAHA that is the most nonsense argument I have ever heard ! My friend's baby was 3 months early and Im pretty sure she did not wait 90 days for her milk since I recall she was soaking wet mere week after when I visited her and Im pretty sure it was not sweat
ReplyDeleteIt is an ever ending battle. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, you never can win with these people, which pretty much make the rest of the world.
ReplyDeleteYou're very wise to let them be.
On the topic, my MIL asked me a month before I was due, if my milk had come in. A MONTH before I was due, before the boy came. Thankfully nature is not stupid as my MIL and does not waste precious energy. But somehow there are a lot of people similar to my MIL.
And that is why my usual philosophy is "People suck." I'm surprised my eyes don't roll right out of my head sometimes! Good plan - don't add fuel to the fire...
ReplyDeleteSome people are just annoying. And yes, sometimes just keeping quiet is easiest.
ReplyDeleteYep. Annoying. But just continue doing whatever you think is right... cos at the end of the day nobody else lives your life or is the mother to your baby so whatever they say doesn't change anything. Oh and just cos you're supplementing with formula now doesn't mean you have to forever.... Melissa from Melissa's thoughts and realizations starting producing enough milk after a few months and stopped the formula and breastfed exclusively... food for thought? xx
ReplyDeleteThe advice - it never stops!
ReplyDeleteThose who lord their pregnancies and babies over you are the same ones who lord their "parenting" over you (and probably other things).
ReplyDelete